PDA

View Full Version : Any Speed Boat guys here?

BRICKNICK
07-31-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm looking to get a brushless electric rc speed boat, and I need a few suggestions. I'm aware of the traxxas Spartan, and I'm also aware of the pro boat models black jack and miss geico. There are a few other boats I was looking at from pro boat models, but can anyone suggest something roughly 30+ inches in length and as fast if not after then the traxxas Spartan? My brother in-law got the Spartan and is running lipos in it and I wanna beat him LOL.

modelman
08-05-2013, 01:33 PM
BRICKNICK-I spent about 25 years seriously racing model boats. Traveled all over the U.S. competing, but in the nitro boats. I also did some R&D work in FE (fast electric) and set a few IMPBA records so I know a bit about them also. This was a long time ago when we used 05 motors and ni-cad batteries but the use of brushless motors and lipo's have drastically changed FE boats. I don't know what type of boat you are looking for but if you want to go really fast, you should check out "zippkits". A friend of mine designed these boats and they are not much to look at but they handle great and are bad fast and are good in rough water. Here is a link-
http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=258&zenid=bd595c7171c1d197b005b2df68f9d95e
Look at the videos if you want to see them in action. They have kits if you want to build your own or you can buy them pre-built and I think they may offer a ready-to-run version. Hope this helps

bowtiebuba350
08-23-2013, 04:28 AM
The spartan is a pretty good boat, I've got one a prop change can gain u some speed