PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic questions

carp
10-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi guys, first post here and have a few questions so here goes,

1. what are my choices for valve blocks? from my research it seems only leimbach does 1? same for hydraulic pumps also

2. i was looking at the cylinders from clippard and the price looks ok but im unsure of the size i will need, what size are you guys running on your excavators?

i did have some more but i have forgotten hopefully they will come to me soon

thanks

carp
10-25-2010, 01:16 PM
anyone know? :(

FreddyGearDrive
10-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Carp,What do you want to do with the hydraulics? Pressure & cylinder dia determine what you can move. The higher the pressure & bigger the bore,more power the cylinder can deliver.There's a few places to git the parts from.But none of it is cheap:eek:,& if it is don't bother purchasing it.
The cylinders I use are 7mm up to 16 mm bore. Tell me what you are out to make,& I'll be glad to give you the best route that I know of,to get you going.
FGD

dirtpusher9
10-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the board, carp. You are correct on the pump and valves. The clippard cylinders should work for an excavator. I run them on my dozer but you may get a reply from someone who has put them on their excavator. Hope this helps.

carp
10-25-2010, 06:34 PM
well right now i am just starting out so not scale yet, basically i have a tamiya txt and want to put a hydraulic front loader on it mainly for a front bucket but also im trying to make a feller buncher head that is going to go on it, this is all kind of testing the water to see how things go and then probably progress to an excavator/feller buncher of some sort.

The TXT weighs in at about 5kg

mog
10-26-2010, 02:34 PM
wow that sounds like fun logger has used clippard on one of his hoe he maybe give you more info.