PDA

View Full Version : crazy idea!

cosworth34677
08-12-2013, 04:24 PM
OK i live in Florida.... today it was 90 with 100% humidity. in that weather you get over heated quick. so im sitting at the park losing water fast and came up
with this idea.......

what if i made a tanker trailer and make it water tight. and some how insulated it to keep my drink cool!! i was like that would be nice. that thing is how? i can make a trailer pretty quick and easy but the tank part would be hard. i'm thinking PVC pipe but what would i use to seal it and i clean it? putting water in would be easy. but getting it clean would be the hard part.

so any help on this project? good idea or kill the idea with many beers?

thercfreak2012
08-12-2013, 04:59 PM
you should use a cleaner filter to clean the water

Radio Control Trucker
08-12-2013, 05:16 PM
OK Cosworth, the tanker is just a shell. Inside the shell you can place an assortment of containment items.
It could be PVC, but why?? If you use a store bought canteen

http://ecochildsplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ecocanteen.jpg

and utilized a plastic hose-line you could make an easy container for a beverage.
Just remember that the interior is not seen, just the exterior of the trailer.

It's kind of like Ryman's trailer with the charger.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=4936

- RCT

Finster
08-12-2013, 06:40 PM
I remember seeing somewhere that someone made a box trailer into a cooler, or used a cooler to make a box trailer. Can't seem to find it now of course. But anyway nice idea. It's nice to have trucks that are not only fun to run but have a purpose or use.

Espeefan
08-13-2013, 12:57 AM
If you could find yourself a small enough thermos bottle, all you would have to do is build a tank trailer to fit it. The insulation part of the project would already be done for you. Or like one of the canteens that RCT posted, which already has a insulation outer cover already on it. I think those can be purchased separately too.

Otherwise, I'd stuff a bottle inside the tank trailer and fill the surrounding air pocket with Great Stuff spray in foam. Just be sure to allow for expansion. Maybe leave a end cap off the trailer so the foam could vent out.

cosworth34677
08-13-2013, 07:16 AM
you know i use great stuff all day , and never even figure on that . i don't want to use he tamiya tanker . its to much money just to rip apart and maybe destroy , i think i'll make my own .

RCLaser
08-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Hey Cos,,,, so your Idea makes me think of the Camelbak (there are other brands) refreshment bladder or Reservoir . (I use mine for mountain biking here in Colorado) but it is very flexible and 1 or maybe 2 would fit in a trailer and leave room for some foam insulation.

Link to camelback reservoirs
http://shop.camelbak.com/accessories/reservoirs-packs/reservoirs/l/310

Regards,
Jeff

Rebekah_harper
08-13-2013, 02:38 PM
the key is to have an inner liner that sits seperate from the outer body. so that it has an air gap. then you could have a load of top latches that hold the tins and also allow you to fill with ice. ensure that the hole for the latch has a tube going down into the inner liner so that the air gap doesn't have any leaks into it whilst it holds the ice. at the bottom end have a little tap to drain the melted ice.

the latch lids will hold down the tins into the ice. so only open for tini then close once tini has been replaced or if left empty. to keep cool.

pugs
08-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Just an idea.....
http://www.handyshippingguide.com/_uploads/images/news/537805916_7056.jpg

Supermario
08-13-2013, 05:57 PM
I was thinking of making my reefer trailer into a cooler for pop cans, and beer of course:rolleyes:
I'd like the top of trailer to open on a small piano hinge running the length of it.
Build a inner wall out of aluminum within the box which is about 3/4"- 1" smaller dimension. Fill the gap between the two with spray foam. Then another sealed container out of stainless which could be placed in and removed easily?
Hmmm, might have to make it a tri axle trailer. This is starting to sound heavy:eek::)

Mario

cosworth34677
08-15-2013, 06:16 PM
you guys gave me some good ideas