PDA

View Full Version : New 60 ton excavator from Robbe

tracksntreadslou
08-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Heres the new O&K RH 25.5 From Robbe..Looks to be a great price for an excavator this size

http://www.robbe.de/kettenbagger-montiert-lackiert.html#

kaptain Jack
08-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Holy mackerel! That's almost ten grand! I can buy a real one (slightly used) for that kind of money.
But its nice.

Alokocat
08-20-2013, 06:03 PM
**** it's ugly :mad:

I hope Carson will do a excavator someday with a lower price range, this market price is ridiculous ....

tracksntreadslou
08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
If you look at the price Vat is included so if that was to be sent to north america this would come off .
Yes these Machines are expensive..I have both purchased and built construction models ..If you have built a construction machine you would know what kind of work is involved in these intricate peices of equipment ..If you ask anyone of the scratch building excavtors modelers (or constuction) machine if they sold their machines for $7000 they would be lucky to get even $5 bucks an hour for their labour .
Even with the high tech equipment that Premacon ,Robbe , THS ,Fumotech or scaleart have at their disposal I dont see alot of profit for these higher end models.
I have friends that wont even batt an eye when purchasing a 35k harley or even a 50k boat ..I beleive a hobby is a hobby reguardless and If you can afford it all the power to you . Just sayin

Old Guy
10-22-2014, 03:53 PM
I agree with Lou I know with the 3 construction models I built I spent anywhere from 1200 to 2000 hours on each. But in my case I build all the hydraulics including pumps, cylinders and control valves. So the price their asking is reasonable.

Earl

cosworth34677
10-22-2014, 04:51 PM
one day when i win the lotto i will have one, not with what i'm getting paid now lol.

titandigs
10-24-2014, 09:08 PM
If you look at the price Vat is included so if that was to be sent to north america this would come off .
Yes these Machines are expensive..I have both purchased and built construction models ..If you have built a construction machine you would know what kind of work is involved in these intricate peices of equipment ..If you ask anyone of the scratch building excavtors modelers (or constuction) machine if they sold their machines for $7000 they would be lucky to get even $5 bucks an hour for their labour .
Even with the high tech equipment that Premacon ,Robbe , THS ,Fumotech or scaleart have at their disposal I dont see alot of profit for these higher end models.
I have friends that wont even batt an eye when purchasing a 35k harley or even a 50k boat ..I beleive a hobby is a hobby reguardless and If you can afford it all the power to you . Just sayin

These words are very true, Scratch building a construction model gives a good idea whats involved and the costs that come with it.

thetractorfan
01-04-2016, 04:26 PM

very true. in this hobby, you can make the things you can`t afford or you can buy them. what looks like a couple weeks work is actually a few months,(7 at the least), or even years to make a model. many people don`t realize the amount of time required to machine each component. this is heavy duty metal that takes time to work with. especially with hydraulics, there is a high cost for each component. also ten grand would probably not be enough to buy one, it would probably be enough to rent one for a small amount of time.

dozerbuilder
01-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Yep, I've had the same experience. I've put at least 2000 hrs into my dozer build in 2015 including drawings, and I'm still not finished. I'm not going to embarrass myself saying what it's cost and I know I've got $1500 still to tip in. Sometimes along the way I wished I never started. To me money can't buy what I've built - but in reality it's worth $0.00 to sell. So if one can buy an excavator or model ready made, just add your own finishing touches and you're ready to dig dirt and save 2000 hrs building. And a commercial ready-made probably has some resale value too if one decides to move on to another model.

thetractorfan
01-05-2016, 03:44 PM
Yep, I've had the same experience. I've put at least 2000 hrs into my dozer build in 2015 including drawings, and I'm still not finished. I'm not going to embarrass myself saying what it's cost and I know I've got $1500 still to tip in. Sometimes along the way I wished I never started. To me money can't buy what I've built - but in reality it's worth $0.00 to sell. So if one can buy an excavator or model ready made, just add your own finishing touches and you're ready to dig dirt and save 2000 hrs building. And a commercial ready-made probably has some resale value too if one decides to move on to another model.

Very true. If it is for sale, it is saving the buyer a lot of time. And with RC tracked construction equipment, you need to individually machine each track link. Also with RC tracked vehicles, Mainly dozers, you may need to install transmissions and drive trains in your model which requires even more time. Plus the amount of time needed to fill the machines fluids would add to that cost,(this brand includes fluid in their excavator), unlike other brands that require you to put oil in after you open the machine Out of the box.