PDA

View Full Version : REFUSED AT THE BORDER???!!!

Supermario
08-22-2013, 04:03 PM
I cannot believe what just happend to us today.

All packed and on our way across the bridge to the US border as we've done many times before. I've been to the states countless times in the last 25 yrs.

Well this time I guess we were the lucky random pull over vehicle. They made us exit the inspection area as they began searching the truck.
While that was going on they decided to do a more detailed search on us and discovered I was arrested in 1989. I explained that I was given a conditional discharge and told way back then , I didn't need a pardon.
Today I was told that the US considers a conditional discharge as a conviction and therefore I can no longer enter the USA! :eek:
I can apply for a US waiver which takes 6-8 months to process and costs 585 bucks for 1 year or possibly up to 5 !:jaw:
Words can't describe how I'm feeling right now. This sucks on so many levels I just want to scream!

Not to worry. I plan on jumping through the hoops and paying their stupid system! See you all next year!

Everyone, drive safe and have a great time and lots of pics and videos please.:)

Mario

doodlebug
08-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear that Mario, I sure had my share of unsmooth
Border crossings last winter. Sucks big time!
Cheers, Neil.

TRUCKMAKER
08-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Wow that does suck Mario, I was really looking forward to meeting you and Sue. Well at least they turned you around and didn't detain you any further. We'll see you next year.

Cossett
08-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Now that really sucks Mario, hope you get things sorted out..

Supermario
08-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks guys. Sue and I are disappointed we can't meet everyone also.

I was really upset earlier but after hearing what happened to Dave (Dmess62) and why he can't make the show suddenly put things in perspective for me.....

My heart and prayers go out to him and his family.

Mario

dmess62
08-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Sorry to hear you guys didn't get to make it this year. I know you guys have been planning on this since last year like me, but things happen. You'll just have to make some vids of the new roadway that you made at your house

1985 kenworth
08-23-2013, 02:28 AM
wow mario that really sucks man.:( i know you guys were really looking forward to going this year the way you were talking about it at clifford...well hopefully you can go next year because i am planning to also given my situation this year also.hey maybe its a sign that we are supposed to debut our canadian trucks together ..Black passion ..optimus prime...etc.:p:p

Cossett
08-23-2013, 04:15 AM
Now chris and ralph they worked so hard getting here in a shity boat and getting rid of there ID and belongings, the least we can do is give them everything, more than the battlers that struggle week to week:D:D:D

bowtiebuba350
08-23-2013, 04:57 AM
That is just plain bad man sorry to hear

Mama Sue
08-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Everything happens for a reason. We had 2 definite signs, my daughter became ill wed night and then this...But no worries, Mario put his frustration to good use..He finally picked up his gopro camera, and he started building a loading dock area in his outdoor play area, videos will follow at some point this weekend..He's creating his own lil Indy, definitely not the same but he'll smile for a bit. Dwayne, maybe you could grab Shawn and Jenn and head on up for the weekend...lol

dmess62
08-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Mama sue at least at his own Indy he won't have to haul around empty cans. Well not at first anyway. Lol

spudd
08-23-2013, 09:07 AM
That sucks.two years ago we were turned away from Canada because my friend had a DWI ten years ago. A DWI come on!!!!!
Times thay are a changing

Mama Sue
08-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Mama sue at least at his own Indy he won't have to haul around empty cans. Well not at first anyway. Lol

So true Dave..He just called me out to see the finish lil Indy..and I am sure he will post pics soon...

ihbuilder
08-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Mario , Sue , that sucks !!!!! I was lookin fwd to meetin you guys .

Supermario
08-26-2013, 04:42 PM
That sucks.two years ago we were turned away from Canada because my friend had a DWI ten years ago. A DWI come on!!!!!
Times thay are a changing

Yes they are Spudd. I now understand the true meaning of doing something stupid when your 21 years old can haunt you for a lifetime. I can't believe it took 24 years to happen but it did:(
I wonder what is more stupid, my actions at 21 or the fact I'm paying at age 45???

Mario , Sue , that sucks !!!!! I was lookin fwd to meetin you guys .

Right back at ya Steve! We were looking forward to meeting you too:(. I hope you plan on going next year. There is no way I will be denied again! We will be there next year!!

Mario

Snochaser
08-26-2013, 06:55 PM
When Smiley filled me in while at Indy, I was quite disheartened, that sucks! I was also looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Supermario
08-27-2013, 11:28 PM
When Smiley filled me in while at Indy, I was quite disheartened, that sucks! I was also looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Us to Ben.:(
For me, last year's show was the rookie season and all about just "running with the big guys":) but in the last year I've enjoyed all the friends made and ideas shared on the forum and was really looking forward to this show being about "talking with the big guys":D

One thing I forgot to mention at the start of this thread.....the US customs guys treated us ok, except for the fact they chose to pull us in that is.lol

The guy saw our trucks and trailers, he thought it was cool but as he said, once the computer flagged me , there was no way he could let me through no matter what he thought or chose.
No handcuffs, no strip search so I guess looking back on it now.... Could have been a lot worse:eek::)

Mario

JAMMER
08-28-2013, 04:27 PM
It won't make any difference were he crosses your in the computer now and they just ask your name and they got you and don't lye to them that will make it worse. Ed

Stuff
08-28-2013, 08:23 PM
it's not fair how sometimes they are hard on you then next time "it's have a nice day".

I did figure out the usa's way of dealing with people entering the country. Basically if you go often enough with people you have been down with you get to go right on by. show up with someone that you havent been with, bam! you're inside the office and how do you know him, how do you know her, where do you work, where do you live, how much money, turn out your pockets, etc etc.