PDA

View Full Version : Drawings

Spike
09-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Hi all I am at a loss I would like to build a rc excavator it's been a dream for a long long time. But I am having seriouse problems locating at set of drawings so I was wondering of any of you nice men could help me out with some or point me in the right direction. I can read drawings. weld. assemble. Paint. Cut. Machine. Can do all of this project just not drawings. So pls if anyone could find it in themselves to help it would be appreciated very very very much.

cosworth34677
09-04-2013, 06:53 PM
well i work with corel draw and kind of make up my own plans. i tryed to find some plans of tech drawings too and none to be found. the problem i have is the type of file format i use.

Spike
09-05-2013, 02:59 AM
Yet I've been on there the pics are no use. I paid £20 for a set and they are useless. 😕

gipicarto
09-06-2013, 04:06 AM
... you can try to search here ...

http://shop.vth.de/bauplane-frasteile/automodelle/nutz-und-kettenfahrzeuge.html?p=2

bye

Finster
09-06-2013, 09:45 AM
What sort of excavator are you wanting to build? Wheeled, tracked? Any certain brand? How detailed are you expecting the drawings to be?

How about a 3D model for free?
Go to http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ and type in excavator in the search box. You may have to look at a few different ones to find the one you are looking for, but should be a start. Sketchup is pretty easy to use CAD software and is also a free download if you've never used it.

RCP57
09-06-2013, 10:02 AM
I think you are asking for a bit too much when it comes to the drawings. I don't think you are going to find blueprints that show you every piece in a 3D view. You are going to have to use your skills to make the 2D drawings on a manufactures site into a 3D part. It's all part of the scratch build process unfortunately...

Spike
09-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanx for the comments guys. I'm looking at making a tracked excavator no specific make or model. I've been looking at manufactures sites and I don't see how I can make the pics work for certain measurements as I don't really know to do drawings. Any help would go a long ways.

RCP57
09-06-2013, 02:54 PM
For my EC300 I just expanded the screen until the drawings in their brochure were large enough for my scale and traced them one screen at a time. This gave me a full side and rear view of the machine to work with. I also got my measurements this way and it worked out fine.

Spike
09-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Cool what a simple way to do it lol.

Spike
09-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Oh my actual god this is never going happen. Just been on scetchup found what I was looking for and the p#*^$€g thing won't let me download the file 😕

Finster
09-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Which file? Maybe one of us can help...

Spike
09-07-2013, 02:55 AM
Komatsu 300 !!!!