PDA

View Full Version : 4wd single axle tractor rear axle question

SuperDutyScaler
09-12-2013, 11:24 AM
just got the parts to do a front driven axle and i want to make a single rear axle tractor. I'm going to use rear leaf springs on the stock rear Tamiya axle but have a question on how to do this. I was thinking just taking a extra set of High lift leaf mounts and drilling new holes in the frame and mounting the semi rear axle like you would on the Tamiya High lift? Also was going to use the stock u-bolts to hold the leaf to the axle...... tried searching but couldn't find anything so i figured id ask before i start mocking stuff up and wasting my time

Sentinel
09-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Easiest way would be to just grab the stock parts from one of the Tamiya single rear axle trucks like the Scania R470 or the Man or Mercedes singles. Get the leaf hangers from somewhere like ebay and you'd be able to rig it up easy.
I put a driven front axle in my R620 using springs from a single axle truck that have holes in the pack that I just screwed straight through into the axle. I imagine you'd do the same for a single rear axle, wouldn't have to worry about u-bolts then.

SuperDutyScaler
09-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Sentinel thanks for the reply, ill just order some parts then