PDA

View Full Version : about to order some parts.

cosworth34677
10-10-2013, 06:59 PM
ok i got the hard parts for my next project coming. i got a new mangom hrc pump on the way , i got a set of his valves, to use to. now i need some cylinders. im going to try to make a front end loader. and i want to use some pneumatic cylinders because they are really cheap and there are tons of sizes,
my frount end loader is going to be 1/4 scale and use 2.2 crawler wheels.

the question is what is a good size to use for cylinders? i know this is kind of a open question but i am no good at all at seeing sizes in my head. any help what have you guys used in the past and that kind of stuff thanks

Finster
10-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Hard to say what size the cylinders to use because it all depends on what machine you are starting with (and how big it is). I'd go to the various manufacturers websites, look around, see what sort of information is available to download and then pick a model. Then it might be listed what the full size machine uses like (bore, stroke, rod dia) if not and there is a diagram/illustration scale it up to the size you want to make and go from there. Another option is to use a diecast static model to measure and scale but that can introduce errors sometimes and with much smaller scales sometimes the details are missing. Hope this helps...

cosworth34677
10-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Hard to say what size the cylinders to use because it all depends on what machine you are starting with (and how big it is). I'd go to the various manufacturers websites, look around, see what sort of information is available to download and then pick a model. Then it might be listed what the full size machine uses like (bore, stroke, rod dia) if not and there is a diagram/illustration scale it up to the size you want to make and go from there. Another option is to use a diecast static model to measure and scale but that can introduce errors sometimes and with much smaller scales sometimes the details are missing. Hope this helps...

yes i dose. i'm finding there are so many things out there that it blows the mind.