PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya Box Trailer Assembly Question.

gravely_todd
11-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Hello, I am fairly new to the hobby and have my assembled Knight Hauler and now building my Tamiya box trailer. This probably probably sounds pretty stupid, but I don't care for the "loose fit" of the top and side panels in the rails and corner post slots. Has anyone bonded, glued, or used any silicone on their assembly to make the whole trailer structure stronger and not rattle ? Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Todd

cabs
11-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Can you use some small rubber shims

fhhhstix
11-06-2013, 07:12 PM
You can also put tape on the inside around the edges of the panels to make them fit tighter. Then later on if you want to take it apart you wont have to remove any glues or silicone.

Travis

Radio Control Trucker
11-06-2013, 10:33 PM
I don't know about making it stronger, but if you just want to stop the rattle try plastic drinking straws. You can purchase a pack of them at almost any store and just make a slit down one side of each straw you use. Place two on the bottom and slide it into position, then place one on each end and position the end caps, then place two more on the top of the panel and place the top cap on. It should fit tight and rid you of the irritating rattle.

It's not permanent and you can always try an alternative method.

It's worth a try at least. Good luck. :)

- RCT

gravely_todd
11-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Those are great ideas !! Thanks guys :)

Todd