PDA

View Full Version : Fumotec Komatsu DX65

Azonic
11-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Looks like Fumotec is bringing out a small dozer in 2014.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1463585_580142335369019_1139714854_n.jpg

Lil Giants
11-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Frank must be burning the candle from both ends to add a new model kit every yr, plus continue to work for Vario?! :eek:

tracksntreadslou
11-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Heres what Trucks and Details had to say about it on Facebook
Fumotec provides a small glimpse into the future. The market introduction of the Komatsu bulldozer D65WX is planned on the scale of 1: 14.5 for the summer 2014. The Caterpillar will be equipped with a specially-tuned propulsion concept, as well as a specially designed hydraulic system.

rc13
12-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Yep I bet Frank is burning the candle at both ends. I have been waiting for some parts from him for my 850D. No Biggy, I an not in a huge hurry or anything. He say that he was super busy from the PC-490 sales after the last show in Germany.
I have 3 of his machines. They are super heavy duty. So this Dozer is sure to be no different. I like his machines. Even that tracked dump truck. I just wish that tracked dump truck had a turret like some of the other one of a kinds that I have seen.
Eddie

Lil Giants
02-09-2014, 06:02 PM
6-way blade :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoNfIUhFq5s&feature=em-uploademail

doodlebug
02-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Cool!
Cheer's, Neil.

rc13
02-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks for posting the video... That is a very nice blade. I have never seen one tilt like that. I think that machine will be avail in the Summer??? It will be very heavy duty just as my B50 and excavators are... I know a lot of you have interest in this dozer. Hopefully Frank will figure an easier way to get it to the US market. I have a stahl dozer that is on the project table waiting for an electrical transplant. Someday.....
Thanks for posting the video...
MBRINC10

ihbuilder
02-09-2014, 09:17 PM
:cool:Most of the blades I operated were 6 way blades save 2 semi-U

Lil Giants
02-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Hopefully Frank will figure an easier way to get it to the US market.

What do you mean? ...put in an order, send a bank wire & it shows up on your doorstep.

rc13
02-09-2014, 11:00 PM
What do you mean? ...put in an order, send a bank wire & it shows up on your doorstep.
Hi, well, maybe its because I was bugging him for a year for a big order of misc parts. He said he doesn't send much to the US. He told me on an email that he was trying to get a better method to send to the US. Maybe that meant setting up his online shop for the US and UK in English. That would be nice! And like you mentioned how he was prob. burning the candles at both ends with his Komatsu sales and getting this Dozer worked out... Do you think you might purchase one of these DX 65?
I love the Fumotec stuff. Super duty! I must say my B50 is ridiculously strong. I like that style. I had an 8x8 Scaleart. It was super cool. But I always felt it was a little too delicate for me. I was always scared to hurt it. But not with the B50, the 850D and the 450 D. Not worried a bit!
We haven't seen much of that Raupendumper that he has. Just a few vids and pics. He doesn't have pricing for it on his shop site. I love all dump trucks. Call me crazy, but I rally like that thing. I just with it had a turret. That would push me over the top to try to get one of those.
Thanks

MoRockN
02-10-2014, 12:45 AM
I will get one of these as soon as they have them for sale, but I don't want to build it, no more time to build anything anymore so it might be a long shot to ask him to build me one.

Lil Giants
02-10-2014, 04:13 AM
He told me on an email that he was trying to get a better method to send to the US. ... Do you think you might purchase one of these DX 65?

Maybe what Frank meant was the complication of removing the 20% sales tax that's applied to all European sales... which he has now done. My last bank wire in September went to a new bank account he has for international commerce.

Undoubtedly I will get one! ;) But a yr or 2 from now, I have enough on my plate at the moment. I luv his model kits too, they're simple assembly, heavy & bulletproof tough!!! And the price is quite reasonable too... about the same as or cheaper than wdc. :cool:

I will get one of these as soon as they have them for sale, but I don't want to build it, no more time to build anything anymore so it might be a long shot to ask him to build me one.

I thought you and rc13 are neighbors? :confused:

MoRockN
02-10-2014, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=

I thought you and rc13 are neighbors? :confused:[/QUOTE]

We are not really, we live too far from each other. He rather buy them built as well, much better to wait and get it built for you, with the job, family , kids, you rarely have time to breath. I knocked out what I could build wise before the twins came and now I'm at a stand still, got an 8x8 to finish, 8x4 to upgrade, day cab dumper to paint and finish, flat bed to finish, redo my roll off, and actually turn on my 944 for once.....:(. Maybe I'll just get it and sit on it for awhile until I can find some time. I sent Frank a message this morning, lets see what he says.

FlyingBeagle
02-10-2014, 02:20 PM
MoRockN,
I know what you mean about the amount of time that multiples devour. I discovered this hobby not too long before my wife got pregnant with Triplets. They are now a year and a half old and I have not been able to spend any time on this hobby other than keep up with this site. I would love to buy a kit and put it together. If I did, I probably wouldnt be able to finish it by thier 18th birthday.

rc13
02-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Maybe what Frank meant was the complication of removing the 20% sales tax that's applied to all European sales... which he has now done. My last bank wire in September went to a new bank account he has for international commerce.

Undoubtedly I will get one! ;) But a yr or 2 from now, I have enough on my plate at the moment. I luv his model kits too, they're simple assembly, heavy & bulletproof tough!!! And the price is quite reasonable too... about the same as or cheaper than wdc. :cool:

I thought you and rc13 are neighbors? :confused:

Hi, Bullet Proof and heavy, Exactly.... I weigh about 195 LBs. I can actually stand in the back of my B50 and drive that thing. I can't make tight turns with me in the back because the tires will peel off, but I can drive around standing in the back on a pretty normal surface. I have set an oversized boulder in the back, drove up a dirt slope and dumped it. It is CRAZY!..
I did build the B50. I am so glad I did. I do like building models, but as MoRockN said, there isn't enough time anymore. I have so many projects on the table right now with modifying what I already have. I am currently working on my 450D excavator. Almost took the whole thing apart to re-work it... Now I do some minor fabricating, but mainly work on getting all my models totally outfitted with great electronics, all the cool extras, lights, etc.
Always excited to see the new stuff from Frank. Like this dozer that you guys will get. I do wish that Raupendumper (tracked dump truck for anyone that hasn't seen it) had a turret. That would be sweet!
Thanks.

rc13
02-11-2014, 09:50 AM
We are not really, we live too far from each other. He rather buy them built as well, much better to wait and get it built for you, with the job, family , kids, you rarely have time to breath. I knocked out what I could build wise before the twins came and now I'm at a stand still, got an 8x8 to finish, 8x4 to upgrade, day cab dumper to paint and finish, flat bed to finish, redo my roll off, and actually turn on my 944 for once.....:(. Maybe I'll just get it and sit on it for awhile until I can find some time. I sent Frank a message this morning, lets see what he says.

MoRockN,, Whats up? You said it, with all of the busy regular stuff going on, we don't have time to breathe. You are right with me, no way I could ever start building another model now. Like I mentioned to LIl Giants, just modifying what I already have and is it for me. Because some of the time, I will gut the model, and that will take a while for me to get it done... So I am glad that I built my Fumotec B50. But that thing has had ZERO problem though, so I have not had to take it apart. I hope I didn't jinx it.. Later

JohnStilwell
02-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Sweet...:bounce:

Finally, a dozer, and a true grading dozer at that!!!!!
AWESOME!!!
Thanks Frank!!! :D:cool:;)

MoRockN
02-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Looks nice in color. Although a CAD , I am really excited :D
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh533/Morockn1/345674CB-DF7D-4C29-8B5E-49E6F17CC916_zps4vjimk7t.jpg (http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/Morockn1/media/345674CB-DF7D-4C29-8B5E-49E6F17CC916_zps4vjimk7t.jpg.html)

jack van
02-24-2014, 09:56 PM
MoRockN,
I know what you mean about the amount of time that multiples devour. I discovered this hobby not too long before my wife got pregnant with Triplets. They are now a year and a half old and I have not been able to spend any time on this hobby other than keep up with this site. I would love to buy a kit and put it together. If I did, I probably wouldnt be able to finish it by thier 18th birthday.

hehe as soon as they hit there teens the only time they will see you is when they need money lol

ihbuilder
03-30-2014, 07:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tH-VDJoV0

I just saw it in the dirt :eek: me want bad !!!! could slow it down a tad but looks to have plenty of grunt . Not a fan of the paint but that can be changed . gona have save every chip for the scrap man now .

Espeefan
03-30-2014, 09:51 PM
Nice to something new coming from Frank and later Vario! The model looks and performs great. Subscribing.

Lil Giants
03-30-2014, 10:09 PM
Nice to something new coming from Frank and later Vario! The model looks and performs great. Subscribing.

Vario?

Frank has his own model company now, it's called Fumotec.

MoRockN
03-31-2014, 12:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tH-VDJoV0

I just saw it in the dirt :eek: me want bad !!!! could slow it down a tad but looks to have plenty of grunt . Not a fan of the paint but that can be changed . gona have save every chip for the scrap man now .

I want one also, but he doesn't seem too enthused about selling since I have emailed him many times without any answers. By the way there is no paint on the cab, it's just a 3d printed white plastic.

ihbuilder
03-31-2014, 03:04 PM
I want one also, but he doesn't seem too enthused about selling since I have emailed him many times without any answers. By the way there is no paint on the cab, it's just a 3d printed white plastic.

I ment the komatsu paint is a no go here ;) I ran some , and we only owned 1 . It got traded along with the JD's . Every 1 of their excavators I ran had no power in the track drives . I got use to turning with the stick :rolleyes: the dozer we rented was too light . I hope he does . this would be the 1st model that I'm really interested in buying .I was born on 6 way blades:rolleyes:

Azonic
03-31-2014, 04:47 PM
Yep, looks really fun, should be a good working machine.

It ain't even painted in the video, I guess it will be Komatsu yellow.

Lil Giants
03-31-2014, 05:06 PM
It'll be on offer probably in the Fall... he'll have a couple of his friends build the 1st few & give him feedback on what should be improved or changed... just like his other model kits.

I've been bending his ear quite a bit lately with this B4206 build... I'm sure he gets a lot of email!

Claus
04-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Anybody know what the price on this might be? Do these come in kits or built and will there or might there be a straight blade option?

Actros4160
04-08-2014, 07:18 PM
As far I have reading on some German sides there is no price of yet. The Dozer will be available in late fall this year. I have not read anything about a straight blade option only the multifunction blade.

Regards,
Bernd

Lil Giants
06-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Fumotec's hometown annual meet in Burgsinn this wkend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/protrker/Jan%2014/003_zpsd39b0e7b.jpg

tracksntreadslou
06-16-2014, 01:04 AM
It looks good .Going to be a great all around kind of dozer ..His tracks look great ..ahve to see if he will make these available...doesnt look like it was used at all for the meet though

Espeefan
06-16-2014, 11:40 AM
That's pretty nice! I wasn't sure I was going to really like model because the dimensions of the 1:1 Komatsu machine are quite different than most North American built dozers, but now that we can see a picture of it painted up, I actually think it looks great. Frank has done it again.

MoRockN
06-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Oh Man that is an awesome looking machine all painted up!!! Fall cannot get here soon enough.

ihbuilder
06-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Oh Man that is an awesome looking machine all painted up!!! Fall cannot get here soon enough.

I know :eek: but I went a different route for my cabin fever needs :rolleyes:
I'm still interested though :D

MoRockN
06-16-2014, 06:49 PM
I know :eek: but I went a different route for my cabin fever needs :rolleyes:
I'm still interested though :D

DO TELL PLEASE:bounce:

4X44DAD
06-17-2014, 09:19 AM
very nice. any idea when they will be available?

JohnStilwell
06-17-2014, 05:57 PM
I believe Frank is due to release this in the Fall, at least I'm really hoping so :D:D

John

Lil Giants
06-17-2014, 09:38 PM
I got an email from him today saying that this pic shows it 90% complete. He didn't put it in the dirt last wkend, he wants to finish it 1st. He didn't say when that might be.

ihbuilder
07-26-2014, 02:46 PM
http://www.fumotec-shop.de/modelle/komatsu-d65wx-17/bausatz-planierraupe-komatsu-d65wx.php

looks like he is ready to take orders :) not a bad price with hydros .

It won't be this year for me :(, but this will be in my stable .

MoRockN
08-20-2014, 01:52 AM
Ok so I have emailed him about ordering one and having him build it so I don't have to deal with issues of a new model or missing parts, never heard back from him so I'm taking that as a NO GO. Oh well, I'll wait until THS maybe comes out with one.

JAMMER
08-20-2014, 12:01 PM
It would be better to call Frank he speaks english. Ed

MoRockN
08-20-2014, 07:38 PM
It would be better to call Frank he speaks english. Ed
I've tried, no luck:confused:

Lil Giants
08-20-2014, 11:07 PM
I spoke to Frank (via email) a few weeks ago, his 1st production run sold out very quickly. He's a busy fella, continues to work for Vario-Helicopters, plus design/offer construction model kits from his own one man business... doubtful he'd have time to build for customers too.

MoRockN
08-21-2014, 06:04 PM
I spoke to Frank (via email) a few weeks ago, his 1st production run sold out very quickly. He's a busy fella, continues to work for Vario-Helicopters, plus design/offer construction model kits from his own one man business... doubtful he'd have time to build for customers too.
That's true Joe. I might just have to wait and see if any other companies will come out with one. I'm very happy with my Liebherr from THS and hope they come out with one.