PDA

View Full Version : Radio Usage for Surface Applications

bartles
11-20-2013, 06:14 PM
I have had to put up my RC Helicopters due to eyesight issues. I just joined this forum and have an interest in building a miniature dragline. The forum has been an excellent place to gather information, and to learn about build rc surface machines. I would appreciate feedback and opinions about:

1. When I left flying 2.4 technology was just being introduced. I did buy a 2.4 conversion kit for my JR 9303 transmitter just before I had to hanger my helicopters. Would it be acceptable and safe to use this equipment(2.4) in a surface application with the 9303?

2. My receiver in the conversion kit can handle 4.8 or 6.0volts....what type of battery or converter should I plan on using assuming I will have 6 servos converted to 360 degree capability operating on 6volts on the machine?

Thanks in advance,

bartles

apfubar
11-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi,

#1 - shouldn't be a problem, as long as it is 2.4. Note: Some of us run a centering spring on the throttle as well, but that won't stop you using it.

#2 - most models use a speed control for the primary drive, just like a electric heli. These have a bec(battery eliminator circuit), which may or may not be sufficient to tun the servos. If not you can purchase standalone becs. Some of the becs have different voltage settings, which you should match to your servos.

Cheers,
AP

bartles
11-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the feedback!