PDA

View Full Version : Hitec Optic 6 sport 2.4ghz, need help progarmming.

Kingcam2
11-25-2013, 05:46 AM
Hi guys.

I need some help with programming a Hitec Optic 6 sport 2.4ghz.

What I want to do is get my gear Servo on the SW-3 which is a 3 way switch?

I have my Gear servo plug into channel 5 at the moment and that puts the gear servo on switch Sw-1 which only give me 2 gear I can use.

Regard from Cameron.

Kingcam2
11-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Bumb I still need some help with this.

Lil Giants
11-27-2013, 05:15 AM
Which ch is the 3pos switch? Plug the rx lead into that one.

Kingcam2
11-27-2013, 08:23 PM
Which ch is the 3pos switch? Plug the rx lead into that one.

hey Joe

From what I can tell from reading the manual the 3pos switch dose not have a channel?

When I look in the book it call it a FLT Mode (SW-3) Switch Aft = CAMB on.

Regards From Cameron.

Lil Giants
11-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Did you choose ACRO for the fight model when you were setting up your first Model Memory ID?

Flight Mode switch SW3 can be activated to the batt terminal plug in on the receiver (ch6). Read the bottom of page 35 (FLPN flaperon) to activate ch6 within radio programming. Plug your shift servo into the batt terminal and then go through the servo adjustment menu to adjust neutral (sub trim) and EPA (end point adjustments) for servo travel so your transmission is engaging 1st & 3rd properly.

http://hitecrcd.com/images/products/pdf/19_Manual_Optic6Sport2.4.pdf

Espeefan
11-28-2013, 02:02 AM
I was going to take a peek at this manual, but Joe, the link you provided only takes me to a 30 page manual.... Is it just my computer?

Kingcam2
11-28-2013, 05:12 AM
I was going to take a peek at this manual, but Joe, the link you provided only takes me to a 30 page manual.... Is it just my computer?

@ Espeefan, each page you see is 2 pages, so if the bar say page 30 it means page 60.

I hope that helps.

Lil Giants
11-28-2013, 10:53 AM
It shows the pg# at the bottom of each column Nathan.

Did you get it figured out yet Cameron?

Espeefan
11-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Whoops, I guess I was paying attention to the wrong page numbers. Sorry guys.

Having looked over the manual though, it looks to me like SW-3 is not a switch that is directly assign to any specific channel. As mentioned earlier, it's a flight mode switch only. After studying the manual for a while, one way that I know for sure would give you control over a servo, using the 3 position switch SW-3 is to switch the programming on the radio to a helicopter model. Then I would do the following -

Plug the truck's ESC into channel 2.
Plug the shifting servo into channel 3.
Plug the steering servo into channel 1.

Now because helicopter radios mix the throttle channel with the collective pitch channel (to maintain head speed under a load) you can program the radio to make the shifting servo (what the radio thinks is a throttle servo) move to any degree you wish. In order to do that, you need to adjust the throttle curve. (T.CV) The flight mode switch, SW-3, under a helicopter model program, will control the aggressiveness of the throttle servo/collective pitch mix.

Because this radio has three possible flight modes tied to SW-3, you will need to program three separate throttle curves. One for each position of SW-3. The throttle curve will control where the throttle servo (now shifting servo) moves in each flight mode - each position of SW-3.

Pull SW-3 all the way toward you. This will be first gear. Adjust the throttle curve (T.CV) in the first switch position. The radio has 5 points on the throttle curve. Set all of these graph points to 0%. This will ensure the servo stays at it's max travel in one direction.

Push SW-3 to the center toggle position. Now adjust the throttle curve so that all 5 points are at 50%. This will center and hold the servo in a neutral position. This becomes 2nd gear on the truck.

Push SW-3 into it's last position. Adjust this throttle curve so that all 5 points are at 100%. Just like before, this will move and hold the servo in it's max travel position, but the opposite direction. This becomes 3rd gear.

After doing this, you'll want to set end points (E.P.A) for channel 3, if necessary, so that your servo doesn't bind at the extremes of travel. If for some reason you cannot reduce the E.P.A. enough to limit the travel, set the E.PA. back to 100 and do the following -

You can also adjust the throw using the throttle curve. Instead of your extremes being 0% or 100%, you can change them to any number until the servo stops buzzing. Increase 0% to take some travel out of 1st gear. Decrease 100% to take some travel out of 3rd gear. Make sure if you make an adjustment this way, that all 5 points on the throttle curve have the same value. For example, if you need to take some travel out of the servo in 1st gear, change all 5 points on the throttle curve to something larger than 0%. Larger numbers will reduce the throw.

When you're finished with programming the radio in this way, you should now have control over the shift servo with SW-3. I hope this helps you out and isn't to confusing to understand. If you need more help, just ask. I'll do my best.

Espeefan
11-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh one more thing I thought of. SW-1 on the radio, with a helicopter mix, is what is called throttle hold. What it does is cut the throttle on a helicopter to an idle and hold it there, no matter what position SW-3 is in. SW-1 is tied directly to channel 3. If your shift servo is unresponsive, flip SW-1 the opposite direction to disable the throttle hold feature.

Kingcam2
11-28-2013, 08:55 PM
It shows the pg# at the bottom of each column Nathan.

Did you get it figured out yet Cameron?

no,

Espeefan
12-02-2013, 02:55 PM
no,

How about now?