PDA

View Full Version : motor lathe question

6wheelking
12-01-2013, 02:10 AM
I want to buy a 85t motor but as im reading about the requirements it says that it needs a motor lathe so i search for what this is and no real luck so can someone please help me and explain to me what a motor lathe is and exactly what it does because i wanna get my truck moving soon

TRUCKMAKER
12-01-2013, 10:09 AM
The motor lathe is what that 85t is made to operate. With out seeing the info your reading I'm guessing its a lathe used to turn the commutator on electric motors. You don't need it to use the 85t in your truck it will mount like the stock motor. Just curious why your using such a high turn motor?

6wheelking
12-01-2013, 11:24 PM
The motor lathe is what that 85t is made to operate. With out seeing the info your reading I'm guessing its a lathe used to turn the commutator on electric motors. You don't need it to use the 85t in your truck it will mount like the stock motor. Just curious why your using such a high turn motor?

Im using an 85t because i have used a 55t in the past and it had good torque so i figured the 85t would put out more power oh and thanks for the info about what a lathe is