PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Canada eh!

Oil Field Construction
11-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin and I have been in the hobby for a couple years or so. Been out of it for awhile but should be back full time now, lol... Awesome new site and thanks to the guys that have put it together:) I live in Northern Alberta, Canada eh.

dirtpusher9
11-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Kevin, I'm glad your back with us. I thought you had sold all your equipment and got out of the hobby. Looking forward to some more new videos. Welcome back.

Oil Field Construction
11-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks, still have all my equipment, just been working lots.. Glad to be back.

fhhhstix
11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Welcome and enjoy the new forum.

Travis

RCLogger
11-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Hey Kevin

Its about time you showed up EH ! Glad you found the site, its time to dust off your iron and put it to work..LOL

greg

Stuff
11-03-2010, 11:38 AM
howdy from SE Sask!

mog
11-03-2010, 02:28 PM
welcome back Kevin glad to see your back can't weight too see you get some hours on that skidder of yours.

Oil Field Construction
11-03-2010, 03:58 PM
welcome back Kevin glad to see your back can't weight too see you get some hours on that skidder of yours.
Hey Mog, glad to be back, I see most of the old gang is here! The skidder needs a little work, some hydraulic issues.. I need a mechanic to come North, the 740 is still broke down as well....

RCTech9
11-03-2010, 06:27 PM
the 740 is still broke down as well....
Talk to Lil Giants lol:o

tracksntreadslou
11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi Kev great to see you found it ....EH...Are you still in alberta or have you made it over to BC yet?

Oil Field Construction
11-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi Kev great to see you found it ....EH...Are you still in alberta or have you made it over to BC yet?

Still in Northern Alberta, my company wouldn't let me move, lol.... I am stuck here for a few more years. But got some property now so its not so bad.. Lot's of room for the construction crew to work.

smart racer
11-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Hi Kevin...I am just west of you in Victoria...great forum

Vanisle
11-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Welcome. Nice equipment you have! Good ole Alberta. I spent some time in Edmonton a long time ago - and last week actually as I was passing through changing planes. I worked seismic and on the rigs in Alberta an even longer time ago. Now, Vancouver Island is home ... and warm. Whereabouts are you at?

Richard

aseejr
11-06-2010, 06:06 PM
New into this type of RC. Have been and still am flying RC Helicopters and Planes. And thought this is something good to do over the winter.

From Port Alberni, BC

Oil Field Construction
11-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Welcome. Nice equipment you have! Good ole Alberta. I spent some time in Edmonton a long time ago - and last week actually as I was passing through changing planes. I worked seismic and on the rigs in Alberta an even longer time ago. Now, Vancouver Island is home ... and warm. Whereabouts are you at?

Richard
Hey Richard, I am in Grande Prairie, about 4.5 hours north of Edmonton, not so warm, lol...

Vanisle
11-06-2010, 08:44 PM
GP. I know it (sort of) well, having lived and worked there for a bit many years ago. It's a good place to see lots of oilfield equipment for someone not directly involved in the oilfield (me that is, don't know about you). I used to see oilfield equipment all the time when I worked on a rig but that was a long time ago. You just don't see many twin steer pickers here on the island, and definitely no bed trucks.

Oil Field Construction
11-06-2010, 08:52 PM
GP. I know it (sort of) well, having lived and worked there for a bit many years ago. It's a good place to see lots of oilfield equipment for someone not directly involved in the oilfield (me that is, don't know about you). I used to see oilfield equipment all the time when I worked on a rig but that was a long time ago. You just don't see many twin steer pickers here on the island, and definitely no bed trucks.
Just about all the trucks you see here are twin steer, tri drive, pickers, bed trucks, big winch tractors, massive frac crew convoys. They are everywhere. Hauling drilling rigs, and service rigs through town and so on. Its pretty cool for seeing that kind of stuff.....

Stuff
11-07-2010, 12:14 AM
gotta love oilfield stuff eh?