PDA

View Full Version : Dozer wiring diagram

dirtpusher9
08-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Mike made this for me when I was building my dozer. It is a basic wiring diagram for wiring a dozer up. Thought it might help someone.
http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/dirtpusher9/joesdiagram-1.jpg

Roadmasters
08-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Cool, it seems way more complicated when you see it in the 9!!

ihbuilder
08-15-2010, 12:12 AM
Joe thats 1 of the things I have from a distant memory . It was a great help In under standing the basics for my dump . now I'll tackle it all :)

IHB

td9clyde
08-15-2010, 01:04 PM
that would work for mine too only i have 2 esc's ..........anyone have a wiring diagram for a scraper????lol even though i don't need one yet :) :P

ihbuilder
08-15-2010, 03:54 PM
that would work for mine too only i have 2 esc's ..........anyone have a wiring diagram for a scraper????lol even though i don't need one yet :) :p

i'll give you a hand when your ready i got mine figured out just got to get it together and try it

ihsteve

dirtpusher9
08-15-2010, 08:15 PM
i'll give you a hand when your ready i got mine figured out just got to get it together and try it

ihsteve

VIDEO?????????????

ihbuilder
08-16-2010, 08:52 AM
VIDEO?????????????

I'll put the 1 I have up It's just photo bucket 1

IHB

JAMMER
08-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Joe thank a lot I may need this. Ed

sparkycuda
08-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Has anyone tried a system that runs the hydraulic pump only when hydraulics are activated? Seems that some machine types (dump trucks, dozers?) would not have to run the pump all the time, saving batteries and reducing heat buildup in the oil. I was thinking about the hyd pump from India that seems to work best if run intermittantly.
What about running the pump with a motor ESC so hydraulic speed could be controlled easily and only run when needed?
Since I don't yet have any experience with RC electronics, don't know if these are viable alternatives or not.

Ken Sharp

CatdrvR
08-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Ken, I remember looking into just such a device and remember finding one. For the life of me I can't seem to recall who made it but I will go through my archived information and see if I can track it down. It did exactly what you described, it would only turn the pump on when the valve servos were activated. It was quite the gizmo and I am sure saved a ton of wear and tear on the pump system and battery.

Dan

JAMMER
09-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I have a relay that runs an air pump to build air and then it will dump the air. Ed

Espeefan
09-10-2010, 02:21 PM
If I'm not mistaken, just about all the higher end computer radios can be programmed to mix any number of channels, so you could actually set things up to turn on your pump, when you start working the channels assigned to run the hydraulic valves. At neutral positions, the pump could be off. And I also remember there being a switch for sensing the need for hydraulic flow too, but I'm not sure who makes it. I'll bet Joe will chime in and tell us. :D

pugs
09-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Not sure how small it could be found in, but need a pressure switch that opens at your max pressure and a timer relay that is run by that switch which would set the delay for how long before the pump shut off. Might also be good with a small hyd accumulator to keep the pump from constantly turning on and off.

Or a small circuit board that would sense applied voltage to any of the spool valve servos and activate a timer relay to run the pump with a dwell to account for small pauses between movements.

Easiest would be a way to program the remote to turn the pump on when needed and delay turning it off for a few seconds after movement has stopped.

pugs
09-10-2010, 02:56 PM
And if you had a spare proportional channel on the radio then you could run the pump with an esc and have a knob or slider on the remote which would act as the machines "throttle". Could be at full speed for coarse quick movements or half speed for fine movements like fine grading work or something. and still have the pump shut down when not needed.

Smokin Joe
03-17-2012, 05:57 PM
I built a timer circut for my motorcycle stop lamp that when actvated, the stop lamp blinks 3 times and then goes steady. I used a radio shack generic board and a socket for the timer chip.

Source-http://www.allaboutcircuits.com

Joe

titandigs
03-17-2012, 08:42 PM
In my four hydraulic models I have the Servonaut BMA, its an off the shelf pump timer.
The servo leads from the valve servos plug inline, very simple and works well. As soon as you activate the servo the pump will start and after your last input on the stick the pump will stop after a few seconds.
Paul