PDA

View Full Version : Tekin FX-R max input Volts

JohnStilwell
01-02-2014, 05:58 AM
The FX-R specs say 3S Lipo or up to 9Cell Nimh. I'm wanting to run a 12V Nimh system.

Question: Would a 10 Cell Nimh (12V), which is only 0.9V more than the 3S Lipo (11.1V ) be ok?

The Motor I'm planning on using is an 80Turn 540 size.

Thanks,
John

Espeefan
01-02-2014, 11:58 AM
For what it's worth, a fully charged 3S LiPo has a nominal voltage of 12.6, and a 10 cell NiMh pack can have a nominal voltage of up to 14.5, when it's fully charged, but the voltage will drop off faster on the NiMh pack, to it's normal 1.2 to 1.1 volt per cell range. At that point, I would say the FX-R would handle a 10 cell NiMh pack, but I'm not sure if I would try running a freshly charged one. It could be to much. If you let the NiMh pack sit a while, and waited for the cells to drop a little, I wouldn't be worried about over volting the FX-R. Maybe check the voltage with a multi-meter and watch it.

Or just get yourself some 3S LiPo packs. I used to be scared of running LiPos too, but I finally took the plunge. Treat them right, always follow the safety tips, and they will be just fine. Is there a reason you don't want to run LiPos?

JohnStilwell
01-02-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm a bit hesitant on the Lipo's, I don't trust them like I do Nimh which won't blow up if something accidentally shorts out, might kill your Nimh batteries, bot not destroy you model.

John

Rd/Rz
01-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Email Tekin and ask them .

Espeefan
01-02-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm a bit hesitant on the Lipo's, I don't trust them like I do Nimh which won't blow up if something accidentally shorts out, might kill your Nimh batteries, bot not destroy you model.

John

John, I was in the same boat just 6 months back. I finally decided to give LiPo batteries a shot, and now that I have, I will never probably never purchase another NiMh pack. Yes, LiPo cells do require a little more care than NiMh cells, but it's really not a big deal. It's all just common sense stuff. You wouldn't mistreat a NiMh pack, and it's pretty much the same with LiPos. You just have to follow the rules. You probably have a few LiPo packs in your house already, and you may not even realize it. They can be dangerous, if you try to do stupid things with them, but with normal use, they aren't going to be anymore dangerous than any other kind of battery pack. Just do some reading on the subject till you get comfortable with the idea, and give it a shot.

Backlash
03-31-2014, 05:55 PM
http://www.teamtekin.com/fx.html

Drag Brake (11 steps)
Neutral Width (11 Steps)
Current Limiter (none, 10 steps)
Push Control- Anti Drag (11 steps)
FX, FXPro: Throttle Profiles (6 choices)
FX, FXPro: Brake Profiles (6 choices)
FX-R, FX-R Pro: Reverse Type (3 choices; none, delay, immediate)
FX-R, FX-R Pro: Reverse Strength (11 steps)
Voltage Cutoffs (none, 2S, 3S, Custom)
Additional Tuning via Tekin HotWire PC Interface (sold separately)

Controls: Forward/Brake
ON Resistance: 0.0003 Ohms
Input Voltage: 4-9 Cells, 2S Lipo
BEC: 6.0V/3.0A
Motor Limit: 10 Turn
Throttle Profiles: 6 choices on board
Brake Profiles: 6 choices on board
Dimensions: 1.1 x 0.80 x 0.40 " (28 x 20 x 10mm)