PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya similar parts question

Supermario
01-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Just when I think I have everything I need for my spare parts truck build I run into something I'm missing!
My question is. Are there other Tamiya models that use similar parts? I'm looking for the steering ball studs and the servo savers. As I surf the net I've found lots of both items for stuff like clod busters, willy etc and thought, are these parts on the semi trucks found on any other Tamiya models?

Thanks for any input and suggestions.

Mario

Stuff
01-02-2014, 12:31 PM
the highlift shared allot of parts. most difference between the two is the highlift frame is wider apart. still same rods and ball cups etc. best is to look up manuals where you know the parts are from and then get that bag part number and look it up on evil bay. how I found parts for my globe 6x6.

Espeefan
01-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Mario, I never run servo savers on my models anymore. Most high torque servos have enough power to overload the savers anyway. I just make direct connections using home made drag links with 3mm threaded rod and standard Traxxas rod ends. Make them any length you need, and the steering has a much more direct and solid feel to it, with a lot less slop.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJJ81&P=ML

Just my 2 cents!

Supermario
01-02-2014, 08:59 PM
the highlift shared allot of parts. most difference between the two is the highlift frame is wider apart. still same rods and ball cups etc. best is to look up manuals where you know the parts are from and then get that bag part number and look it up on evil bay. how I found parts for my globe 6x6.

Thanks Dean. I never considered actually typing in the part numbers on ebay. :pi It worked and I found what I needed:)

Mario, I never run servo savers on my models anymore. Most high torque servos have enough power to overload the savers anyway. I just make direct connections using home made drag links with 3mm threaded rod and standard Traxxas rod ends. Make them any length you need, and the steering has a much more direct and solid feel to it, with a lot less slop.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJJ81&P=ML

Just my 2 cents!

Thanks Nathan. Tighter steering sounds good to me! No savers for the dump truck it is ! :)

Mario