PDA

View Full Version : Super single tires

Hwheeler73
01-06-2014, 08:54 PM
I want to build a scale truck of what I drive every day. I run super singles on the back axles. I found rims from IHB that are for the wide base tires, but I can't seem to find tires that are the correct scale. I run 445/50R 22.5's. 1/14 scale would make them 31mm wide, which I found, but they need to be only 73mm tall, which I can't find. Has anyone else tried to do this?

ihbuilder
01-06-2014, 09:44 PM
There used to be a tire from a RC buggy back in the early 90's that would work but I'd have to make the wheels wider . I've only seen 2 of them from a customer that I made wheels for . I had thought about making that style wheel and get tires made for them . The tire part is the killer as I would need to sell 100's to cover the mold cost . Just doesn't seem to be much interest to pursue it . What some have done is buy my super single wheels on a rear hub and use the tamiya wide tire from the refer trailer which gives it the look just not quite the width to the inside . If you go that route when your ready message me and I'll assemble them that way .

Steve
IHB

Hwheeler73
01-07-2014, 07:07 AM
Thanks Steve. We'll see how things go. I'm surprised that there isn't more interest in theses? These type of single rear tires is becoming almost normal here in the U.S. I found a company in Tiawan that says that they make custom RC tires and I emailed them with my request.

flatdeck
01-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Hi 73 let us know what they say on the singles will you....

ihbuilder
01-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Thanks Steve. We'll see how things go. I'm surprised that there isn't more interest in theses? These type of single rear tires is becoming almost normal here in the U.S. I found a company in Tiawan that says that they make custom RC tires and I emailed them with my request.

If we can get the tires I'll make the wheels ;)

JDawg360
01-17-2014, 05:52 PM
I would love to get them set up on my truck

cabs
01-17-2014, 07:08 PM
I just got 2 sets of Steves super single wheels, they are perfect looking.