PDA

View Full Version : update on the Ertl Ford TW-20 tractor

Altered RC
01-16-2014, 03:19 AM
finally got a chance to sit down and make the rear axle fit like it should. working on the front set up now, when i have time. started off with a Megatech front axle from their dragster, but it just doesn't look too correct to me. the original set up had soo much slop in it that it drove me crazy to even think about it. have a pair of clodbuster wheels and tires on it. they seem to fit well, but they do look a tad overwhelming to the look of the tractor. the rims are already narrowed, soo i may narrow the tires, too. looking for any other possible cheap(free) front end solutions...

Acadieman
01-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Looks good so far. :)

Grainfarmer
01-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Nice project! Looking forward to see progress on the conversion.
I have also a FORD in my workshop....but also too many other projects...:o

Espeefan
02-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Nice! Is this a 1/16 scale model? I only ask because I think I remember Ertl actually doing a 1/12 or 1/14 scale Ford TW way back in the early '80s. I'm really interested to see this one come together. These row crop tractors seem really difficult to make fully functional. Just really tight on the space!

I for one, like the big meats in the rear. Just get yourself some floatation tires on the front to match. It looks tough.

Altered RC
02-12-2014, 05:17 PM
everything i have seen online regarding this tractor states it is a 1/16th scale. not real sure just how accurate that is tho. space has not been soo much of an issue for me, tho. only issue i had was shaving the rear axle down to fit inside the tractor halves. but since looking for a job takes presidence over the tractor, it will just sit and wait to be finished.

Brian in PA
02-12-2014, 05:46 PM
The ertl tractors are almost all 1/12th scale from the 60's through the 80's.