PDA

View Full Version : Stahl Dozer

JAMMER
11-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Well here is the start of the Stahi dozer and they aren't letting me down they are consistent parts missing. Ed

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy330/66jammer/th_DVC00127.jpg

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy330/66jammer/th_DVC00123.jpg

JAMMER
11-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I thought I'd start the dozer thinking that I would get one done but to my dismay once again there are parts missing called TTM and the told Stahl. I should be able to get most of this done if there are no more parts missing just the cab is missing parts I will keep my fingers crossed. Ed

tc1cat
11-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Nice start to a hopefully easy build once you get all of the parts.

What is with the german manufacturers? Missing parts or parts so fragile that they break when you attempt to install. My desire for any type of construction equipment is really taking a hit. For the cost of their kits, their quality control seems to be non-existent which is very sad.

fhhhstix
11-07-2010, 11:11 AM
ED I edited your post to fix the links to the photos.

Travis

JAMMER
11-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Once again Thank you Travis I don't know what I am doing wrong but I will get it some day not really in to computers any way right now am having enough problems with other things. Ed :confused:

fhhhstix
11-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Your welcome Ed when you pick the link from photobucket alwas pick the bottom one of the four it is in image code.

Travis

td9clyde
11-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Looks great so far sorry to hear about the missing and fragile parts sounds like one offs might be the way to go to me then its just the missing parts still need made lol well good luck and i hope things come together for you

ihbuilder
11-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Looks great so far sorry to hear about the missing and fragile parts sounds like one offs might be the way to go to me then its just the missing parts still need made lol well good luck and i hope things come together for you

right on Clyde . only missing parts is lack of supplies or tools

Ed thats a shame :mad: I've been entertaining buying a few kits in the future , but I'm beginning to wander if it's worth it . :confused:

JAMMER
11-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Travis I do pick the bottom link. Steve I would have done something else but I had the money there and what I wanted so this was the next best thing. The excavator worked out good of corse I did not have to build it. I tried to get a 1/12 scale excavator and wheel loader from Switzerland they were very nice looking and a lot of detail but he wanted 10,000 Euro to start and after what I just went through with Bernett I wasn't going to do that. So far TTM is taking care of me but we will see there is a lot of good reports about them. Stahl is the problem can't produce product fast enough and as far as I am concerned the quality is slipping. I spoke to joe before I bought and he was happy with Stahl. Like I said before and was told by someone I am to fussy I guess I just have to learn to hand the money out and not say what I get it use to be the customer was always right but now it the company is always right and we are wrong. Ed

JAMMER
11-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Henry not to for get about you yes I should have done a one off. Ed

modelman
11-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Jammer-doesn't it drive you crazy to spend this kind of money on a kit to find it is missing parts:confused: I would be really upset!!

JAMMER
11-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Modelman yes it does make me up set to say the least but what can I do at this point just sit and wait and see if I get the parts and if I don't it's back to the lawyer. I bought these through TTM Function and paid them through the lawyer so I don't think there will be a problem just wait for the parts is maddening to me. Ed:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Espeefan
11-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Seriously? More missing parts? That's to bad Ed. I wouldn't be to happy either. Especially considering the amount of money you pay for these things. You'd expect the parts to be in the box! What a shame. I wanted a Komatsu WA-500 pretty bad, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe you just have a run of poor luck going here. I hope things turn around. Are the missing parts something a guy can duplicate himself farily easy, if he had some material laying around and some basic power tools?

JAMMER
11-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Nathan the parts are for the cab for the dozer and the pivot point on the loader and a few other things like both rear hand rails and a few other thing. Like I have always said if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any. Ed:confused:

JAMMER
11-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Got a little more done today had more picks but did not turn out. EDhttp://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy330/66jammer/th_DVC00129.jpg (http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy330/66jammer/?action=view&current=DVC00129.jpg) Click on pickutre.

dirtpusher9
11-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Ed, you should have just bought my dozer, at least all the parts are there.lol

JAMMER
11-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Joe I know your right but I all ready had these before you decided to let it go or I would have bought your dozer, I have wanted that from the start. I finally got both of the tracks done now had to do a lot of bending on them to get them to work right. I guess the old saying is true live and learn and as old as I am I should have learned by now I should have gotten them all put together but O Boy. Just got a Email from TTM should be getting the parts soon he has most of them now and will get the rest today, I hope this the last of missing parts. Ed.

calm n sedated
11-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Ed,

As ya may know, Iv'e had most of my dozer customed out and I'm left almost enough parts to build another one. If ya need some parts, let me know I may have em'. By the way, you should follow in my footsteps;) build one thats stronger and heavier. I also thought you were gonna custom up some tracks? later, Greg

SmallHaul
11-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Sorry to hear you are having parts problems Ed. I hope you get everything you need.

Bad luck is fine because it is usually followed by good and the worse the bad is the better the good is. :)

JAMMER
11-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Scott thanks for the encouragement. Greg well I don't have any windows, the inner part of the cab. That it so far for the dozer but the loader is another story I need the inner part of the cab the 2 pieces that go under the steps at the rear to hold them up, The 2 rear hand rails, the 2 pieces that let the rear housing articulate, the axle pins, the 2 rectangular pieces that go on the end of the frame before the rear counter weight, and what ever goes on the back side of the bottom step I guess I will make that. There are some things you can't really make and have them right . Had to JB weld 2 steps because of the once again flimsy construction and because of having to take it apart 3 time to get it right. O Ya the dozer as I am going along I find out there are 2 different ways to hang the cylinders for the front blade and you have to check what pieces you have to see how it is put together of course this is in 2 different places in the manual one in the middle of the manual and the other is at the end. There is one other thing that bothers me the two way tape that holds the rear weight on now that spectacular they couldn't figure out a way to affix that with screws. It's been fun. Ed:confused:

JAMMER
12-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Well here is an up date. Got no parts yet but I ordered another complete track for one side and have decided that when I get all the parts for both models I am going to make a high track out of the dozer. Getting rid of the aluminum sides and going with steel sides. This will hold the motors and sprocket more stable. Ed

9W Monighan
12-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Bring your "work in progress" next month too. I want to see one of these up close.

JAMMER
12-21-2010, 11:17 AM
OK Steve I will bring the blade and some parts for the dozer. Ed

JAMMER
12-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Well men take it from me if you buy anything from Stahl have it built. I got a package finally from TTM Function and still have missing parts. Now to add insult to injury I ordered two cylinders to tip the blade forward and back and said I wanted them 7 mm by 100 mm long all the way out. In the package were there were two cylinders but they were 7 mm by 100 mm but 233 mm long stretched all the way out. Isn't that just wonderful. I told them in a email that they were for tilting the blade. Ed

td9clyde
12-30-2010, 09:21 PM
hey i might be interested in those pm me please

Lil Giants
12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
"all the way out"? :confused: English is not their native tongue, you have to be much more specific. Total length at extended stroke. I'm thankful that their able to communicate with us at all!

When buying hydraulics, what Stahl or TTM or Wedico sells is made by Leimbach and this is their www addy http://www.leimbach-modellbau.de/start.html

Scroll down left header to Hydraulik, fourth down Zylinder

(K) is bore
(B) outside cyl dia
(L2) length of retracted cyl
(HUB) stroke, add that to L2 for total length extended

Technische Daten:
(K) (B) (L2) (HUB)
H0725 7 mm 11 mm 58 mm 25 mm 34,6 N 28,3 N M3
H0750 7 mm 11 mm 83 mm 50 mm 34,6 N 28,3 N M3
H0775 7 mm 11 mm 108 mm 75 mm 34,6 N 28,3 N M3
H07100 7 mm 11 mm 133 mm 100 mm 34,6 N 28,3 N M3

http://www.leimbach-modellbau.de/Images/std-Zyl.gif

As you can see, they don't stock that specific length extended stroke. But if that's exactly what you want, they will custom make it for you at extra cost.

My Cat colored dozer uses 7x50 and the JD dozer has 7x25 for tilts.

JAMMER
12-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Joie thank you very much for that information but I told Herr Thiel who speaks english that they were for the blade on the dozer to tip the blade forward and back on it to replace the two dummy ones. The ones they sent were 233 mm stretched that's as long as the dozer with out the blade, Hello.

JAMMER
01-22-2011, 09:40 PM
I put these in the wrong place before

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy330/66jammer/th_DVC00147.jpg

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy330/66jammer/th_DVC00150.jpg

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy330/66jammer/th_DVC00145.jpg

I just stuck it together with acouple of screws to see if all the parts are there. Now I can get an Idea what it is going to take to make it a high track.Ed

RAIDERS
01-22-2011, 09:57 PM
looking good ed.almost ready for dirt...

SmallHaul
01-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Lookin good Ed, you'll be pushing dirt soon.

JAMMER
01-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Larry and Scott thanks a lot I appreciate it. Ed

td9clyde
02-09-2011, 03:30 PM
hows your dozer and excavato comming Ed? haven't seen any update pics lately