PDA

View Full Version : Upper Managment Blunders

Dieselchopper
02-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Well life is in for a large change. Due to upper Managment and ownership not being smart I am out of a job. Last week the company I worked for was placed under receivership. 200 + people out of jobs. Middle Managment and lower were not told anything of the top brass blunders until it was game over. I am going to come out of it all just fine but it does suck to loose access to all the great fabrication toys I had in the shop I was managing. Going to slow down some of my builds. I have lots of work options but am likely gona take a few weeks to consider my options.

Life is always fun!!!

ekim
02-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Sad to hear Diesel... seems to me that you have the right attitude Sir. Head down and go gettem when your ready Sir. Wish you well and hope it works out well...

Michael (ekim)

firefighter30
02-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. The boss called at 3 in the afternoon on a monday an said to go home we were out of business.

flatdeck
02-15-2014, 09:50 PM
That really sucks..

Wayne

Radio Control Trucker
02-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Sorry to hear the news Shawn. Your attitude seems to be great and you have a good plan formulated. Go with it and good luck.

- RCT

22fatcat
02-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Well life is in for a large change. Due to upper Managment and ownership not being smart I am out of a job. Last week the company I worked for was placed under receivership. 200 + people out of jobs. Middle Managment and lower were not told anything of the top brass blunders until it was game over. I am going to come out of it all just fine but it does suck to loose access to all the great fabrication toys I had in the shop I was managing. Going to slow down some of my builds. I have lots of work options but am likely gona take a few weeks to consider my options.

Life is always fun!!!
Hey that does suck, but sometimes it can be a good thing it forces you to find something new and with some luck maybe you will find a better job. Good luck

Dieselchopper
02-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks all for the support.

Lil Giants
02-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Well you're in a good area, no shortage of oil activity where you live... but yeah, I hear ya, you get a little older & you get use to a comfort zone that's a shock to loose suddenly.

Post up what you move on to. :)

Lmackattack
02-16-2014, 07:14 PM
It sucks when something this drastic sneaks up on you...however this is the time you can step back and take a good look for another job that can make you happy and more money....I did it last year...best move I made in a long time...

1985 kenworth
02-16-2014, 09:29 PM
sorry to hear about that ..good luck ...its true ..sometimes its a blessing in disguise:)

Espeefan
02-16-2014, 11:09 PM
Sorry to hear that, but as the others said, it may very well be an opportunity for something better, and something you'll enjoy more. I like your positive attitude!

Dieselchopper
02-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Potential good news......not gona say much. Have some details to finish up. Should be able to fill you all in Friday. Thanks for the support.

ekim
02-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Best wishes then... Hope it pans out!

Radio Control Trucker
02-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Fingers-crossed for you, man ;)

Good Luck :)

- RCT

Stuff
02-19-2014, 12:00 AM
Sorry to hear bout it man.

talked to Daryl the other day and he didn't even get told when everyone else got told. He had gone home early and nobody bothered to tell him...

Hope you get back on your feet quick!

Dieselchopper
02-19-2014, 09:15 AM
I called him that night to make sure he knew. No one who should have did though.

mog
02-22-2014, 10:04 AM
well we can all-way hope for one really good auction sale lol. let me know if you need help with something .

Dieselchopper
02-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Well the receiver can not find a truck driver. I got the call as I have kept up my licence. Offered me 12% over my managing wage. It's a few days running winch truck and deck. May as we'll take it while I wait for the next job to start up.

Dieselchopper
03-12-2014, 09:42 AM
So after a few weeks working for the Riecever I start work Monday at my new home. Going to get out of managing and hit the floor again. I will be doing truck repair welding and small to medium projects for Dart Services here in Estevan. They run a fleet of concrete pumper trucks and do piling work as well. Lots of new toys to work on, and I will get to jump into trucks at times for a change. Dart has 2 pumpers with 175 foot booms. Long reach. In summary I am going to be a shop puts around guy doing basic truck repair and welding. Sounds relaxing.........lol