PDA

View Full Version : WOW, more complex than originally thought

ekim
03-03-2014, 04:55 PM
The radio arrived today...boy oh boy its been a long time..... what Mode, which model, mixing.....etc etc.... what a curve I have to navigate just to figure out how to run this thing with the King Hauler..... what fun!

Supermario
03-03-2014, 05:26 PM
I know how you feel Mike. I bought a DX6 radio from Russ at the 2012 Indy show. When I got home, opened it up, checked it out, saw the size of the manual , put it back in the box..... Been on the shelf since:eek::o
Ok, I'm radio shy!:lol:

Mario

ekim
03-03-2014, 07:11 PM
I know for sure how you feel Mario. I am hesitant to even start reading as I am not sure it will even make sense if I do read it...LOL Trial and error has always worked well for me LOL..

ekim
03-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Its a competition flying radio... I should have no issue getting a few things properly controlled by it;;;;; I hope

Lmackattack
03-03-2014, 07:22 PM
I bought a globe on eBay last year. It came with a dx6 radio... Still Never even tried it out yet. My cheep 4 channel seams way easy for what I need. Biggest thing I did not like with the stick radio was I dont think it has a 3 position switch to control a end dump or the transmission...

Supermario
03-03-2014, 08:03 PM
I bought a globe on eBay last year. It came with a dx6 radio... Still Never even tried it out yet. My cheep 4 channel seams way easy for what I need. Biggest thing I did not like with the stick radio was I dont think it has a 3 position switch to control a end dump or the transmission...

I was totally happy with my basic 4ch radios and all was good until new builds and new ideas force you into needing more channels!! It's only a matter of time until we must " face our radio demons" :D:lol:

Mario

Lmackattack
03-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Yep... I wish someone just made a trigger and wheel style radio with lots of toggles that could be set up for 3 position or left as a simple on off. All EPA adjustable. That would be my style of radio for all my trucks.

Some day I will get that dx6 going when I need more than 4 channels

Lil Giants
03-03-2014, 08:26 PM
What are you men or little gurls?! :p :lol:

Read the freaking manual, these radios are not that complicated! Spektrum gear is probably the best on the market for easy programming.

Supermario
03-03-2014, 09:23 PM

Read the freaking manual, these radios are not that complicated! Spektrum gear is probably the best on the market for easy programming.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for ya to give us heck Joe ! :lol:

Ya, read the manual..... Sometimes I find it's the lingo or terminology used that keeps me from understanding what the heck is going on? Just like if I use CAT terminology with a guy who works for John Deere. Both talking the same language but using different terms. Takes a bit to figure out what the heck the other means, then it's all good :lol::)

dabears
03-04-2014, 12:17 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol: HAHAHAHA awesome Joe! I was thinking it but you said it

the radios are not that hard to figure out. just play around with it. you can always re set it. the Airtronics and the Spektrum both are pretty simple to learn and use. I still havnt even read my manual for my dx8 and I have had it setup on 5 MFU's and trailers etc.. :cop::cop: now take them off the shelf and use em and enjoy em!! you'll be happy you did

Cossett
03-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Who needs a paper copy of spektrum owner manual when they are avalible on line from there site for all there products..
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Support/Manuals.aspx

scalelover
03-04-2014, 01:11 AM
No matter what radio brand you buy(spektrum,futaba,jr,etc) if your only running the standard setup and not using extra channels you don't need to worry about channel mixing, aux channels etc. The sticks alone will control the throttle, shifting, and turning. Once you add in the accessories then you'll need to read up, but even then they are not that hard to understand or figure out.

--Dan

ekim
03-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Dan, this is my first build.... There will be many more to follow and constant add ons.... I am hoping this radio will keep me happy for a while. It has about six three position toggles and is a 10 channel.... It should work great for whatever I use it for I hope. Will start playing with it tonight as I wait for the primer to dry. Joe.... don't make fun of me please (LOL) I am hooked on Phonics..... I think I am just to **** inpatient to do what I should which is Read.... but as Mario says... the terminology really just dont Jive yet......

Michael

Lil Giants
03-14-2014, 01:30 AM
Joe.... don't make fun of me please (LOL) I am hooked on Phonics..... I think I am just to **** inpatient to do what I should which is Read.... but as Mario says... the terminology really just dont Jive yet......

Michael

Well... I'm sorry Michael... sorta :p I certainly wasn't aiming to be hurtful :) ...but rather point out to not over think it & fill yourself with needless unnecessary doubt. ;)

The trks are pretty much plug & play... you might have a few headaches with Tamiya's MFU just b/c that particular electronic device was originally designed for analog trims on FM Band, but there's plenty of guys here who have done it already & explained it thoroughly in tech threads for 2.4 & digital trims. Other sound units like Servonaut or Beier (sp?) work fine with 2.4 & digital.

Programming gets a little more complicated with the constr equip with the use of ch mix, dual rates, F Modes; but a little trial & error will quickly solve that once you breeze the manual's pics & script a wee bit.

Simply put, don't over think it & talk yourself out of trying at least once. :)

ekim
03-14-2014, 08:30 AM
It was just a little Dig Joe.... NO hurt feelings here.....I really enjoy your posts and replies. I look to you guys for guidance and advice... i would never be offended. Thanks for the advice....

Michael

Jakyat
04-04-2014, 10:53 AM
I got my dx18 in the mail. I have installed receiver and had most functions set up and operating. Now,I've lost contact with my receiver. I have tried rebinding the tx rx. My monitor screen displays all the functions as working,but no response from the rx???????
Looks like i willbeonthephonetoday with a tech from horizon. I must have changed a setting on the tx that i dont know about. Mode????

Cix munts a go I kudnt spel truk drivr. Now I'm bildin 1.

doodlebug
04-04-2014, 11:58 AM
I got my dx18 in the mail. I have installed receiver and had most functions set up and operating. Now,I've lost contact with my receiver. I have tried rebinding the tx rx. My monitor screen displays all the functions as working,but no response from the rx???????
Looks like i willbeonthephonetoday with a tech from horizon. I must have changed a setting on the tx that i dont know about. Mode????

Cix munts a go I kudnt spel truk drivr. Now I'm bildin 1. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I like the way yer thinking :D:D:D
Cheer's, Neil.

Supermario
04-04-2014, 04:12 PM

Priceless! I love it. Gotta remember that one.:lol::lol:

Mario