PDA

View Full Version : bruder trackloader conversion

pumptech
11-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi all
I have this thread over at scale 4x4 thought I would post it here.
Converted the Bruder trackloader and added a set of forks.
Used auger bit method to simulate hydraulics.
A few pics and video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ley1wuSpgug&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

pumptech
11-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Few more pics

sparkycuda
11-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Very nicely done! I like that the auger-drives provide operational speeds consistant with the real thing. Haven't looked at the build at Scale, but do you have parts list for the servos used for auger-drives?

Ken

dirtpusher9
11-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Great work. The augers really do the trick.

pumptech
11-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Hey guys thanks for the comments.
Hey Sparkycuda ,Parts list for the rams.
I"ve been looking at some other ways to connect the rams to the servos,
the method that I show in the pics above (first post) seemed to work ok for a while then it started slipping a little under strain.
Come up with this method and it seems to work much better.Weld the bit to a short piece of SST tubing.
Parts needed
3/8" SST tubing with 1/4" ID (seems to work the best)
1/4" wood auger bit or masonary bit ( much cheaper)
I used # 4 drill bit ,#4 tap ,#4 set screw ( If you can find bit ,tap,set screw smaller that would work to)
Pic to follow on my ram

pumptech
11-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi all :)
Took a revisit on the rams. Tried a piece of 1/2" SST tubing and the 3/8 " slides perfect in it.Able to hide the auger bit.I 'm thinking it looks a little better.
Had to cut out a portion of the sides,the 1/2" sst was rubbing and sticking .There is a lip that sticks out on the side of the model.Need to mask it again and paint the rest of the side,did not blend as well as I thought.
Make a floorboard for the cab(had to cut out ,room for battery) hide the wires and that should pretty well do it.

kamyoncu
12-15-2010, 12:45 AM
I will convert mine to hydrolic. Is it posibble to add scrapping steps of the loader ?

SmallHaul
12-15-2010, 07:45 AM
The rams look great. Very nice work.

pumptech
12-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Is it posibble to add scrapping steps of the loader ?

Hey Kamyoncu
Not sure what you mean by (scrapping steps) :confused: , more build pics mabey

pumptech
12-15-2010, 08:34 AM
The rams look great. Very nice work.

Thanks Smallhaul :)

kamyoncu
12-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Hey Kamyoncu
Not sure what you mean by (scrapping steps) :confused: , more build pics mabey

Sorry for my english, I tryed to mention separation steps of the bruder loader. I wonder it.

pumptech
12-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Well,there's not really a seperation step by step.
It's been awhile since I took it apart.
I removed tracks,front rollers,used small flat head screwdriver for the tabs,front portion of the model slips out the front with boom,bucket.Once the front portion is removed ,the cab pops off.Removed sides (guard on the sides)(w/rollers)Takes a little force to pull the sprockets off of the axles.Thats pretty much it for taking the model apart.
Hope this helps.
Tommy

kamyoncu
12-15-2010, 08:27 PM
I hope that it is works :) thanks a lot for your help

pumptech
04-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Made a video of the trackloader moving some sand.The sand works good after I wet it down a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCGiv1Y4aac&feature=channel_video_title

rockNmayhem
04-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Sweet little vid you made. Looks like it does pretty well for the size and weight. Before long you're gonna have the whole Bruder fleet opperation going ain't ya?

pumptech
04-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Sweet little vid you made. Looks like it does pretty well for the size and weight. Before long you're gonna have the whole Bruder fleet opperation going ain't ya?

Hey thanks Tyler
Yea it does pretty good considering its a Bruder,lol

TheMachinist
05-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Are yout using a Tamiya dual motor gear box for track drives? The loader seems to have good power and it works really well in the videos.

mazdaparts
05-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Pumptech, Great looking build as usual. I do have a question for you though. Are you getting any wear on the pivot points of the boom or bucket on any of the bruder models you have converted?

pumptech
05-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Pumptech, Great looking build as usual. I do have a question for you though. Are you getting any wear on the pivot points of the boom or bucket on any of the bruder models you have converted?

Sorry so long to respond.
Thanks for the complements:)
No,I haven't noticed any wear at the pivot points ,yet ,still working fine.
Been working on my Bruder excavator here lately,have a build thread over at scale 4x4 ,upgrading to a metal boom,the factory boom was a little weak with the two servos encased in it.Will see how it works with the metal boom,then may have to look into a metal arm/bucket.:D

pumptech
05-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Are yout using a Tamiya dual motor gear box for track drives? The loader seems to have good power and it works really well in the videos.

Sorry so long to respond
I'm using these motors http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/0-GM14A.html
Then using hacked servos for ESC's

pumptech
06-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Another vid of the trackloader,lol:)
nothing like some fresh dirt,lol
loading some future projects one of these days....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yTWKoGTDZw&feature=channel_video_title

Shaunjr_89
12-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey, Pumptech great setup you have here saw the videos works great anychance you have a parts list to make the tracked loader just got my tracked loader today and was wondering what i need. Thanks

pumptech
12-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Hey, Pumptech great setup you have here saw the videos works great anychance you have a parts list to make the tracked loader just got my tracked loader today and was wondering what i need. Thanks

Hey thanks Shaunjr
Well,there wasn't really to many parts needed to convert it,depends on how you want to do your drive sprockets,brushed motors or servo's ,and your hydraulics.
I used homemade screwdrives,mini metal motors for the drive,hacked servos for ESC's for the motors.
Link to the motors,may want to order mounting bracket,adapter hubs too,for that motor.If you want servo's ,any metal gear servo over 100 oz torque should be good.
http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/0-PL994.html
on/off switch/with charge plug,7.2 battery pack
2x5 saber dual motor controller works good to for the motors,the only thing about the saber,is if the servos drift a little for the screwdrives,it doesn't work to good,but works fine with factory set servos.
Link to my screwdrive buildup http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56870
Then there's linear actuaters,real hydraulic system,depends on how you want to do it.
Let me know whats routes you want to take with it,may can be of some more help.

Brian in PA
12-24-2011, 09:56 AM
The motors that PT used are also the ones I am using, they work great!!

Shaunjr_89
12-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks alot guys really appreciate the help. Going to do some more home work on the hydraulics. See what other configures there is.

Shaunjr_89
12-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Just so i dont get lost the screwdriver drive is that for the raising of the boom or driving the machines tracks. Little new here in the area so i figured i better ask away lol.

pumptech
12-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Just so i dont get lost the screwdriver drive is that for the raising of the boom or driving the machines tracks. Little new here in the area so i figured i better ask away lol.

The Screwdrives are just simulated hydraulics for the boom/bucket.
The Mini metal motors are for the drive sprockets.

Shaunjr_89
12-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks pump.