PDA

View Full Version : T800 logtruck

bucshott
11-09-2010, 01:56 AM
this is the build of my T800 log tuuck
the cab was lifted a little and moved forward.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/bucshott69/r-c%20trucks/Image009.jpg

the bunks, cab guard and chain box are brass.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/bucshott69/T800%20Logger/bunks.jpg

the trailer is brass , the axles are stanless steel rods with a grooves cut into them. push the rods in to the eye of the spring to the grooves of the axle shaft to lock inplace
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/bucshott69/T800%20Logger/axle.jpg

The rech is fully adjustable, and a 7 inch compensatior with lock.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/bucshott69/T800%20Logger/compensatiorout.jpg

the box has the on/off switch and a plug to charge the battiery that is in the cab.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/bucshott69/T800%20Logger/box.jpg

the mirrors are brass rods painted chrome silver.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/bucshott69/T800%20Logger/Image012-2.jpg

made the chain hangers from brass, the lid is aluminum.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/bucshott69/r-c%20trucks/chainhanger2.jpg

almost done. the stripes were done by the paint striper at work.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/bucshott69/r-c%20trucks/Image015.jpg
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/bucshott69/r-c%20trucks/Image018.jpg
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/bucshott69/r-c%20trucks/Image014.jpg
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/bucshott69/T800%20Logger/Image000.jpg

Dreamweaver
11-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Beautiful job Rick. I have to admit the first few times I saw this truck as your avatar I just glanced at it and thought it was 1:1 till I saw it in a post and realized it was sitting on a porch railing.

-Mike

Justinside
11-09-2010, 02:21 AM
That is a great truck, thanks for the pictures.

Could you show how axles go together, I just don't see how that works?

Also I presume this started life as a King Hauler?

I am new to the hobby.

Thanks again

Paul

Justinside
11-09-2010, 02:30 AM
Rick

Not to worry I figured it out.

But where did you get the Pintle Hitch?

Thanks

Paul

Losiassociated
11-09-2010, 04:41 AM
Looks real good.

Brian in PA
11-09-2010, 06:45 AM
A true masterpiece Rick! I love your attention to detail.

Brian

chaseracer
11-09-2010, 08:07 AM
great looking truck, the details are wonderful, really like the color. can wait to see it working

Espeefan
11-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Rick, thanks for posting this build! I was really looking forward to it! All I can say is this is the best looking T800 I've ever seen anyone build out of a King Hauler. Just flat out fantastic. The mirrors, the grill, the headlights, and the dovetailed frame is just awesome. I always thought this truck in your avatar photo was a highly detailed 1/25 scale kit from Ertl/AMT or something, but I was blown away when I saw you post the big pictures of it in the sticky thread for day cabs! Paint job is really nice as well. I'm sure if you posed this truck on a logging road somewhere, and had the camera angle right, no one would know this isn't a 1:1 truck! Definitely one of my favorite builds.

sparkycuda
11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Just flat impressive! Details, workmanship, paint - absolutely great. And your camera angles and background selection, as Espeefan noted, make it as real as the 1:1. Awesome job!

Ken

bigpipespete
11-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Hello , thats a very nice build . Once i get to know a few guys and find out where to buy parts i plan to build a logger too . Michael

bucshott
11-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Beautiful job Rick. I have to admit the first few times I saw this truck as your avatar I just glanced at it and thought it was 1:1 till I saw it in a post and realized it was sitting on a porch railing.

-Mike
Thanks Mike, most people i show the picture to thanks it is real till i point out the porch railing.

That is a great truck, thanks for the pictures.

Could you show how axles go together, I just don't see how that works?

Also I presume this started life as a King Hauler?

I am new to the hobby. Rick

Not to worry I figured it out.

But where did you get the Pintle Hitch?

Thanks again

Paul

Thanks paul, yes it is a king hauler, the Pintle Hitch is from garden trucking

Looks real good.

Thank you Losiassociated
A true masterpiece Rick! I love your attention to detail.

Brian

Thank you Brian, trying to keep up with your awsome peterbilt's

great looking truck, the details are wonderful, really like the color. can wait to see it working
Thank you chaseracer

Rick, thanks for posting this build! I was really looking forward to it! All I can say is this is the best looking T800 I've ever seen anyone build out of a King Hauler. Just flat out fantastic. The mirrors, the grill, the headlights, and the dovetailed frame is just awesome. I always thought this truck in your avatar photo was a highly detailed 1/25 scale kit from Ertl/AMT or something, but I was blown away when I saw you post the big pictures of it in the sticky thread for day cabs! Paint job is really nice as well. I'm sure if you posed this truck on a logging road somewhere, and had the camera angle right, no one would know this isn't a 1:1 truck! Definitely one of my favorite builds.
Your welcom Nathon, Thank you for the complements.

Just flat impressive! Details, workmanship, paint - absolutely great. And your camera angles and background selection, as Espeefan noted, make it as real as the 1:1. Awesome job!

Ken

Thank you Ken

Hello , thats a very nice build . Once i get to know a few guys and find out where to buy parts i plan to build a logger too . Michael
Thank you Michael

Dreamweaver
11-10-2010, 02:32 AM
Ok Rick i got to know.. What and or how did you make the grill. the insert I can see how ya made the shell.

-Mike

Semi Joe
11-10-2010, 07:48 AM
great mods, shes a beauty

bucshott
11-10-2010, 03:30 PM
great mods, shes a beauty

Thank you Joe!

roadranger
11-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Awsome looking rig! Really nice job on it.

Especially like you quad headlights... custom built, or did you use Tamiya parts?

Also the signature KW cowl mounted mirrors you built - nice touch - I've not seen them done elsewhere.

tracksntreadslou
11-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Hey Rick thats and awsome truck..The mirror brackets look great .We have a hauling contract coming up this spring on vancouver island...Have to bring her up and greg and I will wood it down...Cheers lou

RCLogger
11-11-2010, 12:58 AM
That truck is a one of a kind, great job. Can't wait to see your next project...

cheers
greg

SmallHaul
11-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Sharp Rig!

bucshott
11-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Ok Rick i got to know.. What and or how did you make the grill. the insert I can see how ya made the shell.

-Mike

Mike,
the gril screen I use is made by plano model products. part number 201. I get it at my loco model railroad shop.
Thanks

bucshott
11-11-2010, 11:15 PM
That truck is a one of a kind, great job. Can't wait to see your next project...

cheers
greg

Thank you Greg. you need to see the W900A truck that I'm buildin to.
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=387

Sharp Rig!
thank you shorthaul

Hey Rick thats and awsome truck..The mirror brackets look great .We have a hauling contract coming up this spring on vancouver island...Have to bring her up and greg and I will wood it down...Cheers lou

Thank you Lou. your hauling contract sounds fun

rc_farmer
11-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Great job on your truck. Looks just like the real-deal!

Iron Art
11-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Rick, Nice looking Log Truck, looks just like the one hauling past my house. You should bring it to the Harrisburg OR. farm and construction equipment toy show in March. Fred

Diesel Demond
11-13-2010, 10:01 AM
i swear i saw that truck on swamp loggers last night. bobby goodson!! fantastic job that is my favorite day cab

bucshott
11-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Rick, Nice looking Log Truck, looks just like the one hauling past my house. You should bring it to the Harrisburg OR. farm and construction equipment toy show in March. Fred
Thank you Fred, pm you and the show in march.

i swear i saw that truck on swamp loggers last night. bobby goodson!! fantastic job that is my favorite day cab
Thanks Tank yanker. havent had my truck in the mud and muck like thy do. will not yet.

Great job on your truck. Looks just like the real-deal!
Thank you Rc-farmer

JAMMER
11-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Rick you have done a very nice job on this tractor and the detail really makes it. Ed:)

bucshott
11-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Rick you have done a very nice job on this tractor and the detail really makes it. Ed:)

Thank you Ed!

Ghostwalker
11-16-2010, 07:45 AM
That is one nice looking log truck. Very realistic.

russisloud
11-16-2010, 06:36 PM
nice setup

Bigrigger
11-16-2010, 11:59 PM
I feel bad that I'm always one of the last ones to comment on your amazing trucks. I used to be the first one on the Garden, I need to get on top of this! Well, you heard me say it a thousand times, but your truck keeps impressing me! This is one of the most detailed, clean, and realistic truck I have ever seen. It is so perfectly designed, the cab, frame, trailer, hangers, box, etc. Also, what is so amazing, is that you have the skills to build and shape all these components. Brassworking, metal shaping, styrene work, unbelievable! Some guys(ME!) have other people build their parts, make their cabs, and other things for them. It takes serious skill and motivation to build everything on your own! You, my friend, have talent. I can't wait for your next truck! I know you will make it sweet!:D

roadranger
11-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Awesome truck!

Can you share with us how you made the quad headlight buckets?

td9clyde
11-17-2010, 09:26 PM
that is one nice truck i keep lookin at all these awsome truck builds and that makes me want to build one but i really want to in my odd scale to scale it to my dozer and then make a drop deck lowboy

bucshott
11-17-2010, 11:16 PM
That is one nice looking log truck. Very realistic.
thank you Goastwalker

nice setup
Thank you russisloud
I feel bad that I'm always one of the last ones to comment on your amazing trucks. I used to be the first one on the Garden, I need to get on top of this! Well, you heard me say it a thousand times, but your truck keeps impressing me! This is one of the most detailed, clean, and realistic truck I have ever seen. It is so perfectly designed, the cab, frame, trailer, hangers, box, etc. Also, what is so amazing, is that you have the skills to build and shape all these components. Brassworking, metal shaping, styrene work, unbelievable! Some guys(ME!) have other people build their parts, make their cabs, and other things for them. It takes serious skill and motivation to build everything on your own! You, my friend, have talent. I can't wait for your next truck! I know you will make it sweet!:D

Thank you trucker, I bet it wont be long be for you get the bug to cut your cab and make it in to a diffrent truck. dont be afraid to ask all the questons you have.

Awesome truck!

Can you share with us how you made the quad headlight buckets?

thank you roadranger! the head lighs are from the garden trucking for a peterbilt.

that is one nice truck i keep lookin at all these awsome truck builds and that makes me want to build one but i really want to in my odd scale to scale it to my dozer and then make a drop deck lowboy

Thank you td9clyed, go for it, you should build one in you scale, will be cool to wach you build it

Losiassociated
11-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Any up dates yet??

Greg

muskater
11-19-2010, 04:22 PM
wow!!!!
looks so real.....

Bigrigger
11-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks!:D It'll be the next truck I chop though.
Should get here around Christmas...:D lol

bucshott
11-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Any up dates yet??

Greg
no up dates bud, working an the W900A for now greg

wow!!!!
looks so real.....
Thank you muskater!

Thanks!:D It'll be the next truck I chop though.
Should get here around Christmas...:D lol
will be watching for you to build it Trucker!

Zimms Customs
12-09-2010, 01:09 PM
This truck looks amazing, I like the detail. I always pick up some ideas from other people and got quite a few ideas here. Keep up the great work!!!

bucshott
12-13-2010, 09:35 PM
This truck looks amazing, I like the detail. I always pick up some ideas from other people and got quite a few ideas here. Keep up the great work!!!

Thanks for the complements ZC

hitachi
12-19-2010, 01:29 PM
that is an amazing truck
looks so alike the real deal
keep up the good work:)

Rpp Hobby
12-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Really nice truck! What were the brass material sizes that you have used?

Slick
08-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Wow The truck looks amazing.

Claus
05-25-2014, 04:17 PM
Still one of the best looking King Hauler T800s around, also one of the best looking log trucks around.

PaulNZ
08-30-2014, 09:03 AM
That is a very nice build, T800's make good loggers and you have done them justice with this truck

Claus
02-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Another one of the great builds some guys may have not seen. You know how to build Kenworths!

ratsrail
03-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Wicked looking rig !! One question where did you get the turn signal lights that are on the front fenders ? I am building two highway hauler t800 areo style and that is the only thing I need to complete both trucks . By the way wow what a great look kW