PDA

View Full Version : Can I make a 5ch radio?

Supermario
04-13-2014, 02:19 PM
So, I have a Tactic TTX404 4ch radio which came with a 6ch receiver. My dump truck lacks a ch for gearshift. I see a toggle switch on the radio which does nothing. Is it possible to use this switch to run one of the additional ch on the receiver ?

Backlash
04-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Mario,

It all depends on the transmitter, or more so, the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) in the transmitter as to if it has the circuitry there to allow the extra channels..

I have a Futaba T4YF transmitter, and it does appear to have the circuitry on the transmitters PCB to enable the use of a 5th channel.. (I need to test this further though)

Sorry, I cant help you with the Tactic unit.. I suppose you could remove the back cover from the transmitter and have a look..

CG Bob
04-14-2014, 10:38 PM
The switch that does nothing is actually the wireless trainer switch. It is covered in the instruction manual - page 6 of the online version.

The TTX404 Tx includes a built-in wireless trainer function – no trainer cable required! This trainer system connects a teacher’s Tactic Tx to a student’s Tactic Tx by wireless connection. Tactic’s wireless trainer function is not compatible with trainer systems in any other brand radios.

You could ask Hobbico/Tactic to convert the trainer switch to a fifth channel.

Supermario
04-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Mario,

It all depends on the transmitter, or more so, the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) in the transmitter as to if it has the circuitry there to allow the extra channels..

I have a Futaba T4YF transmitter, and it does appear to have the circuitry on the transmitters PCB to enable the use of a 5th channel.. (I need to test this further though)

Sorry, I cant help you with the Tactic unit.. I suppose you could remove the back cover from the transmitter and have a look..

Thanks backlash. I checked the board but seems very basic and I don't see any extra circuitry that has nothing connected.

The switch that does nothing is actually the wireless trainer switch. It is covered in the instruction manual - page 6 of the online version.

You could ask Hobbico/Tactic to convert the trainer switch to a fifth channel.

After thinking about it, I realize I'm better off leaving the 4ch alone, put it back in the rock crawler it came out of :p and just go buy a new 6ch radio for the dump truck! Just me being cheap again.....:rolleyes:

Thanks again for the info! :cool:

Mario