PDA

View Full Version : Brushless ?

Thenewguy
04-18-2014, 10:36 AM
What is a good brushless system to run on the road trucks. I would like to move up to a brushless but I have know clue on the best options. And what do you do for sound and lights. Thank you for any help

Espeefan
04-26-2014, 01:58 AM
There are a lot of choices out there, but because the scale semi trucks are better run at slower speeds, look into any brushless system that is designed for the RC rock crawlers. Novak has some brushless systems that will work great. The Goat or Crusher. They include the motor and speed controller in a combo, or you can buy them separate. Tekin also offers a brushless rock crawling motor, but they don't sell it in combination with a brushless ESC. Check out their ROC412 1200Kv motor. You can run that with their RS speed controller or pretty much any other brushless ESC out there.

Your motor selection will probably be the bigger determining factor of what you go with, rather than the ESC. You can mix and match brands and things will work fine together. Stick with a motor that has somewhere between a 1000 to 1500 Kv rating. That's a speed rating of motor RPMs per 1 volt of battery source. So a 1000 Kv motor running on 7.4 volts will run 7,400 RPM at full throttle.

For sound and light units, hook everything up as you normally would, but get a y-harness for your throttle channel so that you can also run the signal to your brushless ESC, and to the sound unit at the same time. They'll simply share the throttle channel together, and the engine sounds from the sound unit should synchronize with the truck. Don't hook anything to the motor leads coming off the sound unit. Insulate them so they don't short together or make contact with anything metal. You won't need them since you'll be using the brushless ESC instead.

Backlash
04-26-2014, 02:02 AM
I personally would recommend a "sensored" brushless system, so you get good low speed (low RPM) running, without the cogging effect that you often get with non sensored systems..

LRP has a brushless Truck puller motor.. http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electric-motors/car/produkt/truck-puller-brushless-motor/details/

Thenewguy
04-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Thank you guys for turning the light back on upstairs! So glad to find the site. Jared