PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Unit Set 56501

glorydays24
05-03-2014, 01:19 AM
I am hoping some one can help me. I have an original light set for the Tamiya rigs but I need the LED's and headlights for the unit. Does anyone know what the voltage is for the roof lights, turn signals, break lights, and headlights are? Or if I can substitute any of the bulbs with any other type of bulbs? And one more question, is there a way to make the brake lights stay on until I give the command to go forward or reverse?

Thanx, Big John

dabears
05-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Let me dig around. I know when I set one up I hated it!! I may have some notes from testing voltages etc as I had to add other leds in the mix.

glorydays24
05-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Let me dig around. I know when I set one up I hated it!! I may have some notes from testing voltages etc as I had to add other leds in the mix.

Thanx Aaron, but I don't need the headlights as I am just running LED's. In fact I replaced everything except turn signals and brake lights. But I would still like the brake lights to stay on when not in motion like the MFCU.

Thanx, Big John

dabears
05-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Oh I never got it to do that... I tried but failed. kinda dumb it has no tail lights just brake lights..

glorydays24
05-14-2014, 10:00 PM
:rolleyesOh I never got it to do that... I tried but failed. kinda dumb it has no tail lights just brake lights..

:rolleyes::confused: Go figure. I got LED's for rear lights.;)

Big John

Backlash
05-14-2014, 10:06 PM
If you want tail lights, then why not just add a set of 3mm LEDs connected to the headlight circuit??

Just make sure that the 3mm LEDs that you use are not as bright as the 5mm ones you use for the brake lights, or just use a higher value resistor to reduce their brightness..

glorydays24
05-14-2014, 10:27 PM
If you want tail lights, then why not just add a set of 3mm LEDs connected to the headlight circuit??

Just make sure that the 3mm LEDs that you use are not as bright as the 5mm ones you use for the brake lights, or just use a higher value resistor to reduce their brightness..

That is a good idea.:D But I ran two LED's for tail lights, and when the truck stops I still have brake lights, and one doesn't over power the other.;) All I need to do now is do the final hook up and it will be done...And I will post pic's.

Thanx buddy, Big John

Stuff
05-15-2014, 12:02 AM
LED's would be great for the headlights. the original BULBS are battery killers!

glorydays24
05-15-2014, 12:58 AM
LED's would be great for the headlights. the original BULBS are battery killers!

Yeah I knew about the bulbs killing batteries.:( So what I did was added LED's on everything except brake lights and turn signals. So the unit just has those hooked up to it.

Thanx Stuff, Big John

Backlash
05-15-2014, 03:12 AM
The biggest concern that I would have with the bulbs, is them getting too hot and melting the plastic lights..

Big John,

If you don't know the voltage, and wanted to be safe when converting the Bulbs to LEDs, just use a resistor that will suit highest voltage found in the truck, which is probably the main batter, so approx. 8.4 Volts..

As for Latching the brake lights.. You could probably go lo-tech and do it with 2 small relays..

glorydays24
05-18-2014, 10:14 PM
The biggest concern that I would have with the bulbs, is them getting too hot and melting the plastic lights..

Big John,

If you don't know the voltage, and wanted to be safe when converting the Bulbs to LEDs, just use a resistor that will suit highest voltage found in the truck, which is probably the main batter, so approx. 8.4 Volts..

As for Latching the brake lights.. You could probably go lo-tech and do it with 2 small relays..

Thanx buddy I have everything lined out now.:D;)

Big John