PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Port Alberni

TheMachinist
11-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi guys

After taking a trip to meet TracksandtreadLou and RCLogger and getting to run their equipment I've gotten hooked on building "again".

Starting 30 years ago my father began building 1/12 scale logging equipment and as a machinist I got involved making the parts he didn't have the machinery for. I'm working on getting photos of the machines to post.

I've already ordered a Bruder track loader the same as SmallHaul builds and am looking forward to learning as much as I can from the forum and its members.

Jordy AKA: TheMachinist

Vanisle
11-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Welcome to the forum. I am just down island a little way near Mill Bay. I'm betting you have some nice machinery for making stuff. Looking forward to seeing some of your / Dad's completed projects.

Richard

steamer
11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi Jordy. Sunday was great, meeting all the guys from the Port. Looking forward to seeing your dads models, from the pictures they are impressive. You ran Lou's excavator like a pro.
Rob

aseejr
11-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Let's get building! I know easier said than done.

TheMachinist
11-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Just had a vist from my Dad. He brought some photos of his equipment, now I just have to scan them and upload.
The first machine he built was a 075 Madill cable log loader on rubber. It was comissioned to be built by M&B for a retirement gift to the first man to run that type of machine and then train all the other men including my father on how to run them.
That machine is currently not available to be seen ( long story), but my father has indicated that he would like to build another one using more modern components, read:R/C.
I will post updates when we get going on it.

RCLogger
11-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Welcome Jordy, glad you found the site. There is alot of friendly people here with great information...
Time for you to post some photo's of you and your Dads models. What are you going to build next ?

greg

TheMachinist
11-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks so much for you and Lou hosting the gang from Port on sunday.

I'll help my dad with his Madill loader and Albert Jr and myself are awaiting some Bruder model skid steers to put power to. I think that should be a fun project to get started with. Afterward I'd like to build a Hitachi excavator with a High walker undercarriage. Most likely running all hydraulics.
I just have to get my Time Stretcher built so I can get everything else on the go done and still find time to play:D

Thanks again to Lou and yourself for taking the time to show us your equipment and let us have a go at running them.
hopefully the holesaw worked out.

tracksntreadslou
11-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Hey Jordy great to see you signed up as well...I Knew as soon as I handed over the sticks you would be hooked LOL Send my regards to your dad
Cheers Lou

RCTech9
11-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Welcome Jordy!!!

smart racer
11-16-2010, 11:50 PM
yes...welcome Jordy, I am just down the Island in Victoria...great forum and info...plus nice to see the talent from the Island

fhhhstix
11-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Welcome Jordy and I see you are making some frinds fast and that is one of the great things about this forum and hobby.

chaseracer
11-17-2010, 11:23 PM
welcome, great to see another islander. there is going to be a good group of guys whenever we all meet.

DenManViper
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM
I can't wait to see the Moxy when it's all done.