PDA

View Full Version : LIPO , no juice in 1 cell

ihbuilder
05-31-2014, 07:29 PM
Like the title states . I'm guessing the pack is done for ? no way to bring it back ? I have it on a balancer hoping to revive it :confused:

Kingcam2
05-31-2014, 07:56 PM
Charge it on nimh for 1min, then try charge on lipo setting again.

What that will do will fill the cell so the lipo charger can read it again.

Espeefan
05-31-2014, 09:05 PM
No juice at all? If the bad cell really does read super low, I wouldn't try to revive it. It went bad for a reason. Likely an internal short that drained it. I would be leery of trying to charge it, or run it under a load, even if it can be recovered. It's not really worth the collateral damage it could do. A bad cell that is revived is likely going to be quite unstable.

Out of curiosity, was the battery in storage for a long time? It's suggested to store LiPos at 50 or 60% capacity, or no less than 3.7 volts per cell. Best to check their voltage levels at least once a month to see how balanced they are, or even cycle them.

ihbuilder
05-31-2014, 09:37 PM
no last used at cabin fever . this 1 pack always been a lil touchy It happen before but it had at least 3.x volts in all the cells just the balance was way out . I's puffy too since that last time . These are for the loader but not to concerned as I'm gettin some bigger 1s from max amps . these where just $50 venoms I lost count of the cycles I put them through too .

Stuff
06-01-2014, 12:43 AM
venom does have a pro rated warranty to. can get a good % off a replacement if you want to bother.

fhhhstix
06-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Like the title states . I'm guessing the pack is done for ? no way to bring it back ? I have it on a balancer hoping to revive it :confused:

Get rid of it Steve, burning your house or shop down will be more expensive than a new battery.

luckless wolf
06-04-2014, 07:42 PM
as sais before just reload it as NI-MH battery a short time then recharge as lipo ;)

Espeefan
06-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Get rid of it Steve, burning your house or shop down will be more expensive than a new battery.

I agree. Even if it's an expensive battery pack, it's not worth the risk of trying to save it. The last thing you want to do is burn up a model, or far worse.....