PDA

View Full Version : ESC problem

Cossett
06-01-2014, 07:04 AM
I'm having problems with a futaba ESC , when I plug it into the receiver and 7.2 bat the motor on the trans it starts beeping and I cant get the hitec gearbox servo to move
Yet I tested the hitec servos (steering / gear box) and they work fine from the spectrum receiver and 4 AA batteries,
It seems the 7.2 battery isn't getting enough power to the motor yet the 7.2 battery is fully charged
I'm not sure what the problem is and the futaba esc ( MC230CR) has been reset and the last time the futaba esc was used it worked fine on a futaba skysport could it be the esc doesn't like the spectrum 2.4GHz radio / receiver ?

Cheers Tracy

rsd53
06-01-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm not familiar with this particular ESC, but I would start with the easy stuff first. Is the polarity correct on the ESC from the battery? Is the polarity from the ESC output to the receiver correct? is the receiver properly bound to the transmitter.

rob

Berman
06-02-2014, 09:21 PM
I have a MC330CR (Similar esc, just 13t/200A cont) running fine on a sr300 so it shouldn't be a frequency problem, but maybe check another tx/rx just to be sure. Also have you tried running it with one or no servo's?

apfubar
06-03-2014, 03:41 AM
Not sure if you have the manual :
http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/futm0922-manual.pdf

Animal
06-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Check that the plug on the servo is wired correctly. Hitec servos need to have the lead positions changed to work on a Futaba receiver. From the key tab side of the plug they should be White (or Yellow), Red, Black.