PDA

View Full Version : Motor problem, Maybe?

Kingcam2
06-08-2014, 04:54 AM
Hi Guys

I bought a carson Poison truck puller motor, about 2 to 3 weeks ago,

I put it in my King Hauler 2 night ago, I have been at a model expo for the last two day and I have one day to go till the expo is over,

The problem all started when I went to take my truck for it first drive after I put the motor in, I have check the Gearbox, the diff, and I can't find the problem yet,

I think it might be the motor maybe?

Has anyone else had any problem with the Carson poison truck puller motor?

Regards Cameron. :confused:

Lmackattack
06-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Whatis it doing?

dabears
06-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Did you get the 7v or 12v motor and what battery are you running etc? what is it not doing or doing? need more info to help

Kingcam2
06-09-2014, 04:32 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry been a busy 3 days as I have been at a model show, today was the last day.

Ok it a carson Poison truck puller motor 7.2v,

Batteries Nimh 1600, nimh 5000.

What it is doing hard to say, as at first we thought it might have been grinding gear in gear box but it look ok, so we then had a look at the diffs they look ok but the front diff the grease change color to gray?

I also think the 10 tooth pinion might be jumping maybe?

Regards Cameron.

Espeefan
06-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Grease will naturally dirty up with time. I wouldn't worry about the front axle, unless it's not running smoothly, or quietly.

So it sounds like your motor is running just fine? Remove it from the transmission and run it with no load at all speeds. Chances are it's fine. I have never seen a brand new motor be bad out of the box.

For your transmission, double check your motor's pinion gear and the mesh. Make sure the set screw/grub screw that holds the pinion gear to the shaft is not hitting the teeth on the spur gear of the transmission. If your pinion and spur gears are not evenly lined up, the set screw is going to catch the edge of the spur gear's teeth and make some pretty nasty noises. Almost like a grinding. Double check that. If that is fine, move onto the transmission internals. Double check that you've properly seated the ball bearings/bushings inside the dogs which engage and select your gears. I've seen bearings not pressed in far enough in the dogs, and so the nubs that engage the gears don't make positive contact and they skip, making the truck act like it's not fully in gear. The dogs I am referring to are noted as parts J6, J7, and J8, in the manual, under the transmission assembly instructions.

Kingcam2
06-13-2014, 05:53 AM
Fit it, turn out I need to fine tune the gearbox servo again. :lol:

Regards Cameron.