PDA

View Full Version : Advice on parts

Snochaser
11-19-2010, 09:30 PM
I need this, is this too much, does anyone in the US offer it? Not sure of where to get this stuff..

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-14-Tamiya-Semi-Trailer-Dual-Rear-Axles-Suspension-/260690672722?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Radio_Controlled_V ehicles&hash=item3cb25ffc52

-Ben

Espeefan
11-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi Ben. Considering the cheapest Tamiya trailer kit, the flat bed, costs $189 from Tower Hobbies, that's not a bad price. If you don't need frame rails, and will be making your own, it's probably the better way to go.

As for others selling something comparable to this, I can only think of Joe's Truck Stop, or The Bone Yard. Possibily PMD might have these parts in a package deal too.

Snochaser
11-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks Nathan, I went ahead and ordered it from Tower (trailer) I can use the king pin and I got bearings too, I'm sure the extra parts will come in handy.

Ben

Espeefan
11-19-2010, 10:21 PM
I did the same thing myself, not long ago. I think everyone else does too. The flat bed is probably the most popular trailer, I'm guessing. It's pretty universal and you beyond the short frame rails, everything else can be used for a custom trailer. Short rails are still useful for the dump trailers and such.