PDA

View Full Version : 35t or silver can

cosworth34677
07-08-2014, 06:18 AM
ok i have 4 1/14 scale trucks! ya i know and that not counting the m06 and the hi lux or the pajero...... anyway i have brushless crawler motors in two of them and i don't like the way they drive. they are really smooth but no low end "crawl" ability so i"m thinking of replacing them with a brushed motor , i don't want something to slow so 55 and 65t motors are out. but i thinking 35t or the standard silver can, they come with one is the better choice? i was thinking a 35t mod motor from intergy,or a tractor turned tamiya motor, or the good old rs 540.

what do you think? i do pull and carry stuff with these trucks. .

tc1cat
07-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Are you planning to put any gear reduction units in? This would make a big difference in what motor to use. I have the stock silver can motors in a couple of my trucks with the Integy GRU between the motor and tranny. Makes for about the right speeds for me.

mavrick0
07-08-2014, 12:54 PM
The silver can is way to fast in these trucks specially if you hit 3rd gear at all. I run the Tamiya truck motor and find it to be the right balance for torque and top speed.

flatdeck
07-08-2014, 04:28 PM
I have just put a 55T in my day cab and it is very drivable.. no reduction needed..

Wayne

Mikem
07-08-2014, 05:05 PM
I had a 55 turn motor in my truck and took it out and put the tamiya back in again with a RC4WD GRU . I found the 55 really noisy . BTW I'm happy with set up now . Mike

TRUCKMAKER
07-08-2014, 06:42 PM
I've got a 55t in my current truck with an HPI 7:1 GRU if you were out in the open 3rd is a little slow but it was just right for a show like Indy. First gear is great for tight quarters maneuvering and backing. I haven't noticed any noise out of mine. The truck I'm currently building has a 55t in it also with a 4:1 GRU connected to a t-case which I believe is 2:1. We'll see how that goes since it will be a while before I get to where I can drive it.

cosworth34677
07-09-2014, 06:34 AM
ya. i don't think i need a gru. i drive my trucks out in the open, i'm thinking a 55t my be o.k. with the three speed. i have one in my hot lux and it seems o.k but that not a speed monster more for crawling.

i want it to go little faster then a brisk walk, lol these trucks are my after work work out.
i live on a 1/4 mile stretch of road and next to a rail road track, so i fill the truck with rocks on one end and walk to the other dump them there and do the eading the other way i do this a few time every night... hey keeps me moving! that kind of why i don't want it to slow

TRUCKMAKER
07-09-2014, 07:11 AM
ya. i don't think i need a gru. i drive my trucks out in the open, i'm thinking a 55t my be o.k. with the three speed. i have one in my hot lux and it seems o.k but that not a speed monster more for crawling.

i want it to go little faster then a brisk walk, lol these trucks are my after work work out.
i live on a 1/4 mile stretch of road and next to a rail road track, so i fill the truck with rocks on one end and walk to the other dump them there and do the eading the other way i do this a few time every night... hey keeps me moving! that kind of why i don't want it to slow

Based on that, I'd go wth the silver can, if you smoke one I'm sure they are a dime a dozen, since most people I've talked to don't use them.:lol:;) I would think they would give you a brisk walk in 3rd gear.

cosworth34677
07-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Based on that, I'd go wth the silver can, if you smoke one I'm sure they are a dime a dozen, since most people I've talked to don't use them.:lol:;) I would think they would give you a brisk walk in 3rd gear.

hey hey that's how i got rid of my gut:D, that and better eating, since i had my elbow replaced i can't rid my bicycle very far anymore so got to do something :cop:

Lmackattack
07-09-2014, 08:22 PM
I use Tamiya 35 turn and Integy 55 & 85 turn motors depending on what the truck is used for and what reduction I have.

I have found that that 35T seams to be the strongest and yet keeps the speed up when needed

my 55T will pull the same load but it cant sustain the top speed when its loaded down.
the 85turn is nice and slow but for what ever reason It would not satisfy me when it was pulling a loaded dump trailer.

If you are not pulling a heavy load the 55t and 85T will work and be a more scale speed.