PDA

View Full Version : Front end sag

flatdeck
07-14-2014, 08:40 AM
I have built a day cab KW, it has a good amount of aluminum pieces, Now I find that I am get a front end sag. When I run the truck I am hitting the bumper on the ground (not cool) the truck has the stock front springs and shocks.. Any suggestions would be great...

Wayne

Supermario
07-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Hey bud, did you end up moving the axle forward a bit on this truck? As the axle is moved forward the front height does change a little unless you shim the front of the axle to account for the spring bend.
Another alternative would be aftermarket shocks. My dump truck had almost no rear suspension travel with the stock set up and a empty box. After installing shocks with adjustable spring tension the truck rides much better. They would work great on the front of your truck and the fact you can't really see the front shocks unless your looking from underneath won't take away from the scale look and fix your front bumper problem.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ALLOY-FRONT-SHOCK-DAMPER-TAMIYA-1-14-KING-KNIGHT-HAULER-/380272361036?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
Mario

Lmackattack
07-14-2014, 06:04 PM
raise the bumper ! LOL!!!!

or add some shim under the springs/ at the axel to get your ride height back up

bigford
07-14-2014, 06:20 PM
its not his bumper its the two plates that hit the ground.
don't know why Tamiya thought it was a good idea to place the plate
hangers under the bumper:confused:

TRUCKMAKER
07-14-2014, 06:51 PM
You might try adding F350 spring leaves, TamiyaUSA has them in various lengths 4 to a package for about $6 pkg. depending on length ordered.

Yes I accidentally posted this in BRICKNICKS thread and he wants the opposite affect:lol:

ricm
07-14-2014, 08:21 PM
I had the same problem with my Scania - either try F350 springs as suggested by TRUCKMAKER, so you can build them up with as many leaves as you need....or swap out your front springs with a pair of rear springs from a European style 4x2 Tamiya tractor truck. These comes with an extra leaf in them, they are definitely stiffer and did the job perfectly for my Scania.

either option should solve your problem.

flatdeck
07-15-2014, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys.. Have some F350 spring ordered.. Will let you know on the results...

Wayne