PDA

View Full Version : ive got everything,but??

Daveroo
08-09-2014, 12:05 AM
where do i start?...man i'm almost over whelmed. ive got everything i wanted/needed for this build..cept paint...and i havent a clue ...should i jst start with step one in the booklet?..or does anyone have any tips for maybe doing it in stages?..i saw one youtube where the guy said not to start your build until you know all of your electronics are working correctly.please give me some sae advise k?

thanks dave

Radio Control Trucker
08-09-2014, 01:00 AM
You can check that the servo's and receiver are working OK just by hooking them up and connecting a charged battery. Then just use your charged transmitter to test them out. As far as the MFU goes, I'd suggest to test it once you've gotten to the stage that your ready to install it into the truck.

To build the truck, think of what color you want your frame to be before you start to build. At this point you can paint it and let it dry before you start to put screws into it. Once you start to build, you'll find that any changes you want later, you'll have to disassemble to do if you don't pre-think the build.

Video from "thespeedymex" on YouTube to help guide you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouPX-93APj4&feature=player_detailpage

Hope this helps :)

- RCT

Daveroo
08-09-2014, 01:10 AM
ok thanks ,i didnt realise the frame needs paint..i was just going to leave all the frame and cross members as they come..but id rather paint stuff to match...thaank you...im off to have a look at that link now...and we need to chat again one of these days...Dave

Cossett
08-09-2014, 05:24 AM
What I found was good was laying out all the wiring on a table or bench and in the locations they would be on the truck, tape it down including the servos then test the functions that way you can test all lights / sound and if there is a problem you can fix it before you install it in the truck.

Cheers Tracy

Daveroo
08-09-2014, 02:33 PM
thanks for that...again sounds like a plan...ive got a note book working to put down all these suggestions and what have you..