PDA

View Full Version : B-Train

Diesel Demond
08-14-2014, 10:27 PM
So I got a b-train and im using the stock tamiya trailer light kit on both trailers. The first one plugs into the truck !!! Easy enough!!! Then the 2nd one would plug into the first trailer, but were does that power come from or how are you guys doing it???:confused:

ricm
08-28-2014, 11:43 PM
What power supply are you using in your tractor truck? MFU or something else? The solution you need will depend on what you are using as original power/ signal supply....

Cossett
08-29-2014, 02:25 AM
If your using a MFU the on the first trailer the second female plug will be spliced onto the light set of the first trailer and them the second light set will plug into that.

Cheers Tracy

ricm
08-29-2014, 06:46 PM
A friend of mine did exactly what Tracy suggested, but found that the lights on the first trailer worked at different brightness when the second trailer was plugged in, and the lights on one trailer were brighter than the other when the trailers were connected.

The MFU is very fussy about how many LEDs it will power directly. There is another cost effective solution, using opto-couplers, but it requires some electronics know-how to design and build a small control circuit. It uses the light signals from the first trailer as switching signals to control the lights on the second trailer ,which will have an independent power supply. That way, LED brightness is always consistent and the MFU is protected.

Let me know if you need more help