PDA

View Full Version : how can i get one esc two work on two receivers?

cosworth34677
08-18-2014, 10:35 AM
OK here the thing i got this dump truck that has a knuckel boom crane. i want got the crane on one reliever and the truck on other one. but i have to unplug and plug the esc in to the receiver i wan tot use at the time is there a way to run both the receivers off one esc? bemuse i don't want two pumps or anything like that not a lot of room it the truck. could i just y tr relievers? and would that hurt the other receiver?

mavrick0
08-18-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm assuming you are wanting the ESC to power both RX's? If this is the case you can use a y-harness but you'll have to unplug the signal wire from the RX that is just being powered by the ESC. Otherwise both RX's will be trying to control the ESC.

Now if I'm wrong and you want both RX's to control the one ESC then you'll have to figure a way to tell it which RX is controlling the ESC. Not a hard thing to do with a micro servo and a micro switch hooked to it.

cosworth34677
08-18-2014, 12:09 PM
well the receivers are two different brands one spektrum and the other flysky.
the pump and the esc the is hooked two it dose two things it runs the crane and the dump bed. so what if i put a switch on the receiver that cuts off the crane receiver when not in use and vice verse when not drive the truck?

mavrick0
08-18-2014, 02:24 PM
I'd say it should work. Only way to really find out is bench test it. If you can simply unplug the ESC from one RX to another without having to reprogram it then I really don't see an issue.

Just get a micro switch like this: http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/geniuseries-educational-kits-50/elecraft-series-41000/5a-micro-switch-75016 Mount it to the side of a micro servo and put a arm on the servo that activates it and deactivates it.

fhhhstix
08-18-2014, 07:20 PM
well the receivers are two different brands one spektrum and the other flysky.
the pump and the esc the is hooked two it dose two things it runs the crane and the dump bed. so what if i put a switch on the receiver that cuts off the crane receiver when not in use and vice verse when not drive the truck?

One esc hooked to a motor the esc controls that motor regardless of what receiver is controlling the esc. If you want one esc to control two different operations you will need some kind of a switch the to switch the outputs of the esc to the two different operations. The second receiver is not magically going to switch the esc to the other function both functions have to be wired separately.