PDA

View Full Version : Hobby online stores piss me off

MoRockN
08-22-2014, 09:05 PM
So I'm not gonna mention any names but I'm sure you guys will figure it out, Hobby site A has a product , they're asking a boat load of money for it plus $100 for shipping, Hobby site B carries Hobby site A's same product for the same price but offers free shipping on same said product..... Does this makes any sense to you? At All? they're both in the same region, to me, it seems like they're finding profits in shipping also and that is just wrong, so I'm just P O'd about this because every time I try to stay loyal to one company , I realize they're trying to take advantage of me in this manner and I just flare up:mad:... That is all... The end.

Ayoub

bigford
08-22-2014, 09:25 PM
sounds like everybody's ***** about the LHS
LHS rips you off on the product OLHS rips you on the shipping

MoRockN
08-22-2014, 10:00 PM
sounds like everybody's ***** about the LHS
LHS rips you off on the product OLHS rips you on the shipping
Local hobby shops have overhead, Online hobby shops have basements. I buy everything from my Local hobby shop to support them cause they have a track, they have things you can see in person and they also have a large dirt area that's indoors for me to play in. I only get stuff online that they can't get.

Supermario
08-23-2014, 12:13 AM
I have No LHS. Living on the border has it's draw backs. Nothing in my town can survive with much larger, well established shops just south of the border:(

In my almost 3 yrs now in this hobby, Everything I have is shipped and believe me, if I have 15K in my fleet, I bet I'm up close to 3 grand in shipping! :eek:
Don't get me started on currency exchange!:mad:

My point is, I would rather support a LHS for higher price at the counter and put supper on his table rather than support some online company.

Ayoub makes a good point though.....always, always shop around before you click and commit!