PDA

View Full Version : Rick Hopkins Mack body i never got !!!!!!

v8m8t
08-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Hello I had Rick Hopkins build a Mack titan body for me I Paid $800 Ausy dollars for it and never got it Rick disaperd I got an email late last year from Joe Murphy I gess he"s real?? he said he would find it and send.. it never got here. then this morning I'm looking threw this forum and its up for sale in the BUY and SELL WTF :mad: I have all the progress pics some emails and can probly get paypal reciets for proof I even have posted pics of it in my thread!!
Has any one had the same problems ?? I hope to get my mack back:confused:

Kaf343
08-28-2014, 11:31 AM
The guy who built the Mack Titan cab that I am selling on the BST section was built by Rick Hopkins, I bought it from another guy who said he bought it from Rick in a moving sale.

fhhhstix
08-28-2014, 08:35 PM
I don't know what you deal was for the cab but what I do know is the next time you call someone out on the forum you had better use the right name!!!! Now are you 100% sure it was Rick Hopkins?

Dairyland Trucker
09-01-2014, 08:27 AM
This same cab had been posted for sale on ebay in the past 45 days and it was Rick selling it because I have bought from him on ebay before. I remember Rick stating he did 2 of of the Mack Titan cabs and the person who ordered them originally backed out of the sale, do not know if v8 m8t is this person or not but this is what I know for sure.

BRICKNICK
09-01-2014, 10:22 PM
This is a bash storm waiting to happen....

fhhhstix
09-02-2014, 07:42 PM
I am working with v8m8t to see what we can do.

Travis

fhhhstix
09-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Yes Rick Hopkins did rip v8m8t off for close to $1200. He paid for shipping in the original deal then Joe Ricks son asked for another $55 and he would ship the body which was also paid and did not happen. Now Keith did buy the truck and it is the one Rick made for v8m8t. My opinion is that it is keiths cab and Rick still ows v8m8t his money back or a finished cab. I do have all of the emails with picks and the paypal receipts so Rick is 100% in the wrong here!

Here are a couple pics of the email with the truck in question.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/Moderating%20users/macktitan_zps476b7e5b.png

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/Moderating%20users/macktitan2_zpsa02b43c6.jpg

I dont care how hard up he wants us to beleve he is or was because there is a member here on the forum that Rick is in touch with on a weekly basis and that member would have shiped the cab on his dime just to make things right.

dabears
09-04-2014, 02:55 AM
I agree it's not keith ' s fault Rick ripped him off. It's ricks responsibility to make it right. Sad this happened though.

Lil Giants
09-04-2014, 10:21 AM
As hard as we (the Administration) try to screen ppl to make the right choices as to who we let sell on our forum, there just has to be one every so often to make us look foolish & then make us scrutinize harder in the future of the 99% who are honest to the core... the 1%'er strikes again. :mad:

Kaf343
09-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Just to clear a few things up. I did not buy it from Rick Hopkins, I purchased it from Jim Holland through EBay and Paypal, so legally it is mine not stolen property!

If anything Rick is guilty of theft of services among several other moral crimes, but since possession is 9/10ths of the law it can't be considered stolen property, v8m8t payed for a service and never received the product and I did not go to someone's shop and steel it!

Having said that, i believe the cab needs to end up with the right full owner who spent ALOT of money already. I have already spoken to v8m8t last week and offered to send it to him for less than I paid for it to help with his loss.

As they say, no good deed should go unpunished. And when I bought this cab off eBay last month I obviously had no idea it was built for someone else. With all due respect to v8m8t there is more than one victim here. I paid hard earned cash for the cab not knowing I would be dragged into this mess. And there is NO good outcome for anyone!

What Rick did is unacceptable and in my opinion inexcusable! This hobby is as most of you know a VERY VERY expensive hobby and a lot of money is passed around to each other to keep building trucks. As I said, I'll do my part to get the cab to v8m8t

fhhhstix
09-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Just to clear a few things up. I did not buy it from Rick Hopkins, I purchased it from Jim Holland through EBay and Paypal, so legally it is mine not stolen property!

If anything Rick is guilty of theft of services among several other moral crimes, but since possession is 9/10ths of the law it can't be considered stolen property, v8m8t payed for a service and never received the product and I did not go to someone's shop and steel it!

Having said that, i believe the cab needs to end up with the right full owner who spent ALOT of money already. I have already spoken to v8m8t last week and offered to send it to him for less than I paid for it to help with his loss.

As they say, no good deed should go unpunished. And when I bought this cab off eBay last month I obviously had no idea it was built for someone else. With all due respect to v8m8t there is more than one victim here. I paid hard earned cash for the cab not knowing I would be dragged into this mess. And there is NO good outcome for anyone!

What Rick did is unacceptable and in my opinion inexcusable! This hobby is as most of you know a VERY VERY expensive hobby and a lot of money is passed around to each other to keep building trucks. As I said, I'll do my part to get the cab to v8m8t

You are right you bought it fair and square and Rick is the one with the problem here. You will be compensated for your generosity I will make sure of that.

Travis