PDA

View Full Version : Support legs motor voltage?

glorydays24
09-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Does anyone know what the maximum voltage is on the motorized support legs motor? I bought an RC4WD Warn wireless remote for their winches, and I want to install it instead of using the radio, and to eliminate the bulky mechanism on the front of the trailer. The receiver operates on 7.2v, and up to 9v I believe. I don't want to fry the motor, I have none to spare. Travis told me at Indy even though the support legs have 4 AA batteries, which is 6v, it only uses 3v for up, and 3v for down. I need your help.;)

Thanx, Big John

mavrick0
09-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Travis would be correct that the legs only use 3v. I would try the winch controller at 3v and see what happens before increasing the voltage on the motor and possibly damaging it. If it won't work at 3v then you could always install a large load resistor to drop down the voltage from the minimum 6v that the controller uses to around 3v.

glorydays24
09-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Travis would be correct that the legs only use 3v. I would try the winch controller at 3v and see what happens before increasing the voltage on the motor and possibly damaging it. If it won't work at 3v then you could always install a large load resistor to drop down the voltage from the minimum 6v that the controller uses to around 3v.

Thank you maverick0. I will try that, but when it comes to the load resistors, it's all Greek to me. If the 3v doesn't work, I'll ask more about the load resistor.:D

Thanx, Big John