PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Pittsburgh PA

civicex5speed
12-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Hello all.
I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. As the title says, I’m from Pittsburgh.
I have been into trucks my entire life, but never had a full on Tamiya truck. I still don’t actually. I have my first kid on the way so things like this take a hiatus.
Although I was advised to check out the forum by Tamiya Cowboy, so here I am.
I’ll be working on a day cab Globe liner (yes another globe again) seems like it’s one of the few American style Cab over semi’s out. That’s OK, just more for me to customize.
It will be a 4x4 with the chassis from a Tamiya CC-01. I hope to have a flat bed behind and real wood as the bed. Stay tuned for some pictures and such to follow.
Any suggestion on building a truck from scratch maybe? I have Tamiya Globe liner instructions, but still am unsure as what parts I need for a frame chassis.
Thanks
Clif (1 F)

Brian in PA
12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Hey man welcome!! Where abouts around Pittsburgh are you from? There are few of us from the area. I live just out side Washington. You'll really enjoy this site.

sneaky-pete
12-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Welcome,
I may have to move to Pittsburgh.......this seems to be where all the actions at!

Fireman700
12-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Welcome to another PA Trucker!!!

Stepside
12-01-2010, 09:52 PM
x2 on what part of the city you're from!

The next show for the East Coast Mini Truckers is the first weekend in March. Would love to meet you there!

Brian and I have talked about having a mini regional get together one of these days.... maybe we'll have to get serious about that!

welcome aboard!

Dreamweaver
12-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the forum Clif.

Brian, Rod... I'm jealous.. No one around me... I'm out here all alone. Got to drive 8 hours to get to Rick in Wyoming...:mad:

-Mike

Snochaser
12-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Welcome. The only advice I can pass on is time, patience and money. Have fun a lot of helpful people here.

civicex5speed
12-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks all for all the warm wishes.

I'm from Westview PA. about 10 mins north of the City if Pittsburgh. I was on the area meetings forum and notice that the east cost meet is less then 2 hours away. I however will not likly be able to make this years meet. My wife is due about then. I would however like to make the local meet even if I don't have a truck running.

Thanks again all.

Fireman700
12-02-2010, 11:23 AM
If you guys set up a meeting in Pittsburgh let me know, I've been trying to get to a meet but work has kept me busy, or I've had other commitments.