PDA

View Full Version : Firgelli linear actuator question

Snochaser
12-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Anyone ever used one? How do I wire it in to my remote/receiver? Just red and black from receiver to actuator?

Ben

fhhhstix
12-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Ben if it just has a red and black wires you need a speed controller of some kind to run it they do make them that work like servos but they have the normal 3 wire in a plug

Travis

Snochaser
12-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Ok it has 5 wire ribbon but they are have two power and well.. check this out... http://www.firgelli.com/pdf/PQ12_datasheet.pdf

Ben

fhhhstix
12-01-2010, 08:09 PM
The one rcguyfarms and Izzy have just have two wires coming out of them but looking at the diagram I would say you just need the two power wires and an esc. I wold say that you got the wrong ones for your application.

You need option S basic wiring if you get it wired like a servo it will act like one it will center in the stroke and give you half of the full movement in either direction.
http://www.firgelli.com/pdf/L12_datasheet.pdf

Snochaser
12-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Dang it! The others were to big for what I am trying to use them for.

Ben

fhhhstix
12-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Ben after looking at the ones you have I think you can use them just hook an esc to the two power wires and it should work you dont need the other wires.

Travis

Espeefan
12-02-2010, 01:01 AM
Ben, after looking at the schematics, you will be just fine using pin 2 and pin 3 for your power. Like Travis said, those will be the terminals, or wires you will want to connect to a ESC. Everything else is optional for a feedback circuit, using an internal potentiometer (like a servo uses to find and hold position), which you do not need to run the actuator.

Izzy
12-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Firgeli also offers to have the limit switch feedback rather than internal cut off.

As travis explained all I have used thus far are the hook up style as just a plain motor.

SonoranWraith
12-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Does it have limit switching built in? I assume it does as not to destroy itself.

fhhhstix
12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Does it have limit switching built in? I assume it does as not to destroy itself.

Yes they have 2 internal limit switches, very handy as to not over extend or retract the actuator

Travis

Snochaser
12-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Hope to get a ESC tomorrow and give it a whirl. Thanks guys for the help.

Ben