PDA

View Full Version : might be in or out of the hobby for a while..

Stuff
12-03-2010, 05:16 PM
So today I was getting ready for work, well my back has been bugging me for the last couple nights... today I was getting ready to go to work and as i was about to leave the house, the pain got really bad. I actually fell into a chair in the living room because I could no longer stand. Had to call my father to come help me up and get my winter gear on and down the 4 steps to his van. I thought that was **** on earth! well his driving was worse lol. Anyhow got to the hospital and got out of the van (not easily) and into a wheelchair. got in, got assessed, then the doctor sent me for x-rays. Well she didnt like how they looked so she gave me a prescription for a good pill (cant reach bottle atm lol) and then i got discharged. Buddy Troy came and got me and took me home. Had to get up those same 4 steps again and got into a comfy chair. Its now 4pm and i can just stand now but still needed assistance to do so...

so i gotta take it easy for a few months but i also have to do physiotherapy for awhile now. If i don't get better my spine/hip might have serious problems.

note the condition of my bottom 2 vertebra..
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a379/ANTheStuff/Room/xray.jpg
oh.. and those **** xray tables dont get any softer!!

Fireman700
12-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Looks like you possibly compressed your spine - I'm only an EMT but the bottom to vertebra seem very close can't tell if they are in the right position due to angle. But get well soon. Hope everything gets better for you

civicex5speed
12-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Well, that sucks. Did something happen to cause all this?

Hope you can take the time off.

Do you have a playstation of Xbox you can play? You always have learking the net

Lil Giants
12-03-2010, 08:01 PM
DAYUM! that's terrible news Dean... on the upside though, it's bone chilling cold outside & it'll be good to stay indoors. :cool: I hear ya on those 'steel x-ray tables', it was extremely painful with a cracked pelvis having to roll around on that for a half dozen different camera angles. :mad:

I hope you got good drugs to make the time fly! I wish ya speedy recovery. :)

SmallHaul
12-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear your in pain. Keep your head up and be stronger for it!:)

I hope you get get better quick.

dirtpusher9
12-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Dean, I hope you get well soon. That x-ray is how my neck looks, it is all fused together, disc are all shot and herniated. It's fun trashing out your body while your young, that way it's junk when you get older.(NOT)

Stuff
12-03-2010, 10:42 PM
i hurt it in 01 working for Jay's transport (owner of allied vans) as the beer b*tch in town. hand bombed 2 50' trailers of beer cases each week. after a year of that i was in the middle of a delivery and a large "POP" was heard and i hit the ground. of course i got screwed around on that. got workers comp for a bit but was "forced" to retire.. WCB wrote it off as muscle stress and said go back to work. they are unwilling to re-open the case.

as for RC's, ill tinker with what i got but not sure what the plans will be. kinda hard to pickup a truck off the ground now...

Lil Giants
12-03-2010, 11:36 PM
It's fun trashing out your body while your young, that way it's junk when you get older.(NOT)

That reminds me of my pro-harvester days twenty yrs ago, work a 16hr day, then go out 6-7hrs drinking/fighting/other stuff, sleep maybe an hour or so... the boss (65ish) said, "you young bucks will spend the 1st 30 yrs trying to wreck your life and then the next 50 trying to preserve it!" ...all too true. :D

When you hurt your back 12yrs ago Dean, did you go to a massuce (sp?) at all? That's really saved me alot pain the last ten yrs. Twenty minutes of HURT and then I'm virtually perfect working order for several months.

Espeefan
12-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your back! All I can do is wish you the best recovery possible. If you have a lap top, at least you can still visit the site and be part of the builds posted here. Take it easy. :D

RCTech9
12-04-2010, 12:22 AM
I wish u a speedy recovery!!! Good luck!!!

dirtpusher9
12-04-2010, 09:21 AM
That reminds me of my pro-harvester days twenty yrs ago, work a 16hr day, then go out 6-7hrs drinking/fighting/other stuff, sleep maybe an hour or so... the boss (65ish) said, "you young bucks will spend the 1st 30 yrs trying to wreck your life and then the next 50 trying to preserve it!" ...all too true. :D

When you hurt your back 12yrs ago Dean, did you go to a massuce (sp?) at all? That's really saved me alot pain the last ten yrs. Twenty minutes of HURT and then I'm virtually perfect working order for several months.

I think it was a combination of 30 yrs or better of rigid motorcycles/fighting/running equipment, that took a toll on me.

Longhair
12-04-2010, 02:12 PM
The best thing for you to do is to keep moving around because laying down or sitting for long periods of time will make it worse due to the muscles getting tighter.

Start off slow and try not to over do it because that will cause more damage.

You may also want to get an MRI because x-rays only show the bone while an MRI will show the discs and the bones.

Also, don't let the injury get you down. If it takes 30 minutes to get out of bed just to get to the bathroom, remember you are not the only person it happens to.

Best of luck!

M.Fischersworring
12-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi
I am sorry to hear that from you.
I had Problems with my right knee a few weeks ago.
I could not go for 5 Days and Car driving was cancelled for 3 Weeks.

I know what you must feel right now.
Hope you well be OK soon.
Good Luck
Michael

Texasperry
12-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Has similar problems not too long ago. Maybe not as severe as you. I'm still doing Physical Therapy. Spent a lot of time on my back. Sitting up was not allowed. Missed a lot of work over it. feeling better now.
Physical therapy did help.
Stick with it. don't push it.
Perry

Vanisle
12-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better soon.

Richard

Stuff
12-06-2010, 02:36 PM
I got some really good pills from the doctor but they only last about 5 hours.. Still no call to go to physio therapy yet.

as for sleeping the first night was ****. on my sides i am okay. I somehow fell onto my back and i woke up in major pain. took awhile to move. now if i stand too long (can be as simple as from chair to the the car) it hurts for hours. I am at work now and sitting in an office chair and its hurting allot.

Semi Joe
12-06-2010, 05:02 PM
dman that looks like it hurt, hope you get better man!!

spudd
12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!theres nothing worse then back pain.i have two pinched nervs in my back that flair up now and then

calm n sedated
12-07-2010, 05:19 PM
looks pretty normal to me!!!! But what do I know.....LOL!

Stuff
12-08-2010, 09:39 PM
went for physio today. lol the girl there called me "old man" when doing the tests for mobility. apparently my muscles are a bigger part of this then i thought. I need to do some leg exercises to relax some tendons. So far i went from not being able to stand up on friday, to walking with a cane, to back to standing to back to cane, to cripple, to back to standing. All had to do with the medication. I initially doubled my first 2 dosages because the pain was so much. then everything loosened up and I was able to walk and i went back to single dosage and it wasnt enough to get me mobile again. funny how one tiny pill has so much control over what happens to our bodies!!

in physio they put those suction cup electrodes on my lower back and let me zap myself lol. it felt good and really loosened me up but the effects of that have already worn off now.

oh well see what the doctor says on friday!

M.Fischersworring
12-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi
Did I ever tell you that I am a Hobby Doctor?

When I had the Probs with my knee and could not sit or walk around,I just took some more of these nice pills and some Minutes later I could fly.

Sorry,just a joke.
Hope you will be OK soon.
Michael

Stuff
12-10-2010, 08:53 PM
lol i wish it was that easy. saw the doc today and pretty much its written off as lower back faucet arthritis. pretty much only thing i can do is work them musculus and get them not hurting.

they hooked me up to that shocking massage machine today... ohhh yeahh... that feeeellls sgoooooooodddd