PDA

View Full Version : Hyd. Pumps

Iron Art
12-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Looking around the net and came accrossed these pumps and was wondering if one of them would be a viable hyd. pump. They may be priced out of range. http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACCT103531/sc.14/.f

Lil Giants
12-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Ah yes, Flightworks! We've been down this road already with a few members inquiring with this company about using one of their "fuel" pumps for our model hobby... then there was talk that Flightworks was looking into designing a hyd pump for our needs & then PMD stuck their nose in there to aquire the pumps for their own product line and ---- haven't heard anything since. That's two or three yrs ago now.

dirtpusher9
12-04-2010, 09:38 AM
It appears that they built the new pump alright and has good pressure but diesel/kerosene isn't going to do our hobby a bit of good. And them being afraid to show the price is not a good sign. I was really hoping these guys were going to come through with a pump, they seemed to know what we were looking for when I spoke to them.

ihbuilder
12-04-2010, 11:45 AM
I just requested a quote for 1 :confused: we'll see :rolleyes: I'll let you know

Iron Art
12-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Very interesting...... I'm sure that the design for a hyd pump wouldn't be too much differant from a gear pump that would pump diesel/kerosene, seems to me that it might be a easier build. Maybe they would respond to a sincere demand if it was brought to them. Once again, it probably would come down to how proud they are of their products. Just a thought. Fred

Ihbuilder, Which series pump did you request?

Vanisle
12-04-2010, 12:08 PM
I asked them about the cost for their "custom gear pumps (up to 800Ml/min and 20 bar)" and received a reply that the cost was $800-$1,200 depending on the requiremements. Perhaps it would end up being less but at that starting price I didn't inquire further.

Richard

ihbuilder
12-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Very interesting...... I'm sure that the design for a hyd pump wouldn't be too much differant from a gear pump that would pump diesel/kerosene, seems to me that it might be a easier build. Maybe they would respond to a sincere demand if it was brought to them. Once again, it probably would come down to how proud they are of their products. Just a thought. Fred

Ihbuilder, Which series pump did you request?

Fred here's the part # 2212-X01V-SSBYZ it's the high end series . but if it ends up being what vanisle got I'll tell them where to put it and z germans will keep getting americana business . The 1 I made is out of a cummins fuel transfer pump . the motor was shot but the vain pump was in great condition .

IHSteve

docsrcrepair
12-21-2010, 01:00 PM
has anyone ever looked at the way lube pumps from say mazak or cincinatti machines? I have a old one that I am going to cut the housing down and try it. But it is a decent pressure pump.

ihbuilder
12-21-2010, 08:32 PM
has anyone ever looked at the way lube pumps from say mazak or cincinatti machines? I have a old one that I am going to cut the housing down and try it. But it is a decent pressure pump.

I have thought about it , I just never got to see the size

IHSteve

doodlebug
12-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Hey guy's, have any of you heard of HydroLeduc, and there micro pump's and motor's?
I found this site from previous research, but haven't had dealing's with them yet.
http://www.hydroleduc.com/images/stories/catalogues_PDF/anglais/HYDRO%20LEDUC%20DOCUMENTATION_English/MICROHYDRAULICS/micro-hydraulics%20net.pdf
Maybe they'll be easier to deal with than flight work's? Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

doodlebug
01-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Can somebody tell me what psi a dump body need to operate at? Ok so the hydo-leduc pump's are too big for 1-14 scale. I'm looking at electric 12v fuel pump's to play with, 90psi is the highest rating, that I've found so far. No I don't want to cnc batch part's yet, but price's from "Europe sure add up fast! Just looking for another angle for
"cheap hydraulic's"! Later, doodlebug.

Izzy
01-09-2011, 06:19 AM
The wedico pumps - not actually theirs but supplied to them by others - run at about 10Bar = 150psi. Many guys tweek theeir pumps up just a bit. So I would say not more than about 200 psi should do for all of our projects. I mmyself run the stock 150 psi without issue.

Lil-Giants - what pressure do you run?

FreddyGearDrive
01-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Can somebody tell me what psi a dump body need to operate at? Ok so the hydo-leduc pump's are too big for 1-14 scale. I'm looking at electric 12v fuel pump's to play with, 90psi is the highest rating, that I've found so far. No I don't want to cnc batch part's yet, but price's from "Europe sure add up fast! Just looking for another angle for
"cheap hydraulic's"! Later, doodlebug.

It's all in the dia of the piston.The larger the piston dia,the less pressure you need to move the load. If your only useing it for a dump,get the pump from USM tech.Just don't run it for over two minutes at a crack. I've cooked one already,& burned the crap out of my hand.:eek:
FGD

doodlebug
01-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Thank's guy's, still learnin' & schemin'! Hey Freddy, Do you have a link for that usm tech pump, so far googled my self and nothing yet. Thank's.
Later, doodlebug.

JAMMER
01-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Jungs has a pump will do 35 bars about 500 lbs for $ 222.00. Ed

Lil Giants
01-09-2011, 06:57 PM
My current excav is set to 15bar Izzy. Dozer, track loader & adt are all left at factory setting of 10bar. I got the wheel loader 2nd hand, I think the press may have been turned up a little bit. Btw, what wedico uses in their constr models is a Leimbach hyd system.

Wedico has a bi-directional pump that works well for dump trk telescopes, though PMD is outrageous with the pricing.

The Jung pump is much too big in size & flow volume for 14th scale. That $222 is just for the pump, add another $100+ for the motor it takes to propel it and either buy or build a hyd reservior for it too.

doodlebug
01-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Thank's, Anybody considered a "Sticky" for hydraulic part's yet? Later, doodlebug.

Finster
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Forgive me but what exactly is a "Sticky"?

td9clyde
01-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Forgive me but what exactly is a "Sticky"?

sticky is a permenent page lol don't think i spelled that right but ya get my drift

Finster
01-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Oh I feel silly now! I totally misunderstood his comments. I know what a sticky thread is when it comes to a forum. I thought he meant some kind of equipment that could be taken apart for parts. Thanks for explaining...

doodlebug
01-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Hey Finster, don't sweat it, I've been spending time, trying to find pump's and component's. Some of the overseas prices scare the socks off me! I may have to look in building pump's, My neighbor's have a killer cnc shop. Just don't know the cost's or demand of product's? Still learnin & schemin! Later, doodlebug.

doodlebug
01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi guy's, I found this pump last night, It can be ordered without a motor. Drop the pressure from 3,000psi to 200psi, and a standard hobby motor should work fine. Yes I know it's bigger than what come's from Europe, but if it's off the shelf and available, even better. Plus there is a tandem pump option! Hope this help's with the lack of part's situation! Later, doodlebug.

http://www.parker.com/literature/Oildyne/Oildyne%20-%20PDF%20Files/04%20-%20Miniature%20piston%20pumps.pdf

Stuff
01-14-2011, 02:29 PM
umm hate to burst the bubble on ya there but that is a 1/3hp electric motor behind it. its about the size of a jet or sewer pump. the motor is about the size of a tamiya semi truck.

4" wide and 10" long for motor/pump.

pugs
01-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Yes but that motor is to push the hyd at 3,500 psi at .274 gpm (for the 346 model). Thats
0.55 worth of hyd hp would need something like 3/4 hp motor to run at that.

What he said was drop the psi relief down to 300psi. which would put it to 0.048 hydraulic hp and need 0.0624 hp elec motor to run it (at 3,000 rpms). Which would reduce the size of the package considerably.

doodlebug
01-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Hey Stuff, Yes I realize there motor is big, We don't need there motor! But this crowd has enough smart people to pull it off with hobby motor's! (like 540's?) I'll keep looking, but this is a "REAL" pump. I just have a hard time wrapping 1:14 modeling with off the shelf part's. We will find affordable pump's!

How many people are waiting on pump's right now?

I can enquire on pricing if anybody has an interest in this pump!
Thanks for the math Pug's!
1.75" X 1.75" square X 2.6'' long with out motor. Aren't some of the German pump/motor combination's about 6'' long? And the same diameter?

The quest for obtainable part's go's on! Later, doodlebug.

pugs
01-14-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm not positive on the multiple from actual hyd hp to elec motor hp required but it should be close I think

Bellien
01-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Power steering pumps look promising

doodlebug
01-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Hey Bellien, got any picture's of what look's promising? I haven't kept up with what car's use these day's. A closer source for micro pump's would be great! Later, doodlebug.

doodlebug
01-16-2011, 03:26 PM
http://www.excavadorashidraulicasrc.com/ Go into this site and look at Bomba hidrĂ¡ulica (hydraulic pump) 70.00 euro. They make hydraulic valves out of lexan or plexiglass? The site is in Spanish, click the link in blue to enter. Google translate not working.

Later, doodlebug

pugs
01-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Looks interesting, though I would be concerned about the longevity of the plastic valve bodies.

ihbuilder
01-16-2011, 08:52 PM
those where designed for bruder conversions

rc_farmer
01-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Looks like the pump from UMS

doodlebug
01-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Funny you mentioned Brudder conversions, that site sells them too. I like the partial hydraulic grader conversion. Still lookin & stirrin the pot. Later, doodlebug

Bellien
01-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Hey Bellien, got any picture's of what look's promising? I haven't kept up with what car's use these day's. A closer source for micro pump's would be great! Later, doodlebug.

Google image 'steering pump' and you get a whole whack of prospects... there are a number of smaller sized good looking pumps but I can not find any more then a few people who have adapted the pumps to run hydraulics . Given that they can be had for cheap and seem plentiful - in my experience it means that there is a good reason why people do not use them...

Not sure what that may be though...

td9clyde
01-17-2011, 09:58 PM
http://www.excavadorashidraulicasrc.com/ Go into this site and look at Bomba hidrĂ¡ulica (hydraulic pump) 70.00 euro. They make hydraulic valves out of lexan or plexiglass? The site is in Spanish, click the link in blue to enter. Google translate not working.

Later, doodlebug

those pumps look decent for the price and as far as the valves they have aluminum shafts with o rings and the block is like that bullet proof lexan the only thing i could see messin them up is heat from the oil but all in all looks good but you also have to remember you get what you pay for too

doodlebug
01-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Hey TD9, the only down fall I see with those valve's, is not being dirt resistant
(dirty oil,abrasive contaminant's).
They claim 10bar or 175psi, so it's anybody's guess.
As for the power steering pump's, I forgot that some of the new car's, have electric drive pump's. And some pickup's have electric backup for the brake's, more possibilities?
Later, doodlebug.

JAMMER
01-18-2011, 07:56 AM
That pump is the same one that you can get from India. Ed

doodlebug
01-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Thank's Ed, I'll keep that in mind. Later, doodlebug