PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from SW Washington

Jared
12-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Hi, all! I stumbled upon this site a couple days ago and after looking around I decided I had to join. You guys are doing some amazing stuff! I've seen several of these trucks and machines on Youtube but being able to see build pictures here answers a lot of questions.
I love anything that has a diesel engine attached to it or moves dirt, logs, bulk material, etc. I've always had a particular fascination with old cable cranes, shovels, and draglines, so for a while now I've been working on a 1/48 barge-mounted clamshell crane on the order of a Clyde or American. I used servos modified for continuous rotation for all the functions to keep things simple and it works pretty well. I'll post some pictures soon.
In real life depending on the state of the economy I'm either an equipment operator and dumptruck driver when it's good or a fisherman when it's bad. Hoping to move back toward equipment and trucks, but who knows how long that going to be.
Looking forward to more great stuff on here!

RCTech9
12-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Welcome Jared i also share your passion for operating equipment. I'm only 13 and i can operate my dads excavator and skid-steers very well!!! It is very fun. Once again Welcome!!!

fhhhstix
12-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Welcome Jered and we will be waiting for those pics.:D

Travis

Dreamweaver
12-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the forum Jared. There are a lot of good guys on this forum, so ever have a question all you need to do is ask and if there is an answer then someone her will have it.

-Mike

Jared
12-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks, guys! I'm working on getting something up right now.

Rogue
12-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Welcome Jared,
Up until last year, i was a native to the SW WA area for 40+ years. Grew up in Vancouver, and spent the last 3 years in the area living in St Helens,OR., and worked in the Goble quarry across the river from Kalama. Before that, i used to work in the scrap metal industry, and ran cable crane in Vanc.. We had a yard in Kelso too. Used to live in Longview too, but it was only long enough to figure out i couldn't stand the place !! LOL

Glad to have you here, and looking forward to seeing what you have to share with us.