PDA

View Full Version : Carson 634 Fun modifications

rc13
12-30-2014, 02:07 AM
Hi, here is a link to my latest video. I have modified many machines. This was definitely different. But of course, it was well worth it. Thanks for watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFUfN2kgoig

Serviceguyuk
12-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Hi, here is a link to my latest video. I have modified many machines. This was definitely different. But of course, it was well worth it. Thanks for watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFUfN2kgoig

You must have taken hours to make that work and I have to say it is one of the best "finishing touches" I've seen in a long time.

Well worth the effort IMO and you've made my morning here :jump::jump::jump:

kaptain Jack
12-30-2014, 08:58 AM
Amazing job!

Trucker Al
12-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Very unique and well done ... BRAVO !!

Alan

Supermario
12-30-2014, 06:37 PM
you sir have brought RC another step closer to perfect realism. Well done!
I would love one of them for my excavator. Head turns when swinging, right arm boom up left arm stick......oh yeah:D

As a finishing touch you should plan a trip to visit Brian from exclusive rc , get your picture taken and make your head for the operator.:)

Thanks for sharing! So cool :cool:

Steve1503
12-30-2014, 06:54 PM
I would like to see how you made the operator work, it is an amazing job.

rc13
12-30-2014, 10:07 PM
You must have taken hours to make that work and I have to say it is one of the best "finishing touches" I've seen in a long time.

Well worth the effort IMO and you've made my morning here :jump::jump::jump:

Thanks for the great compliment. I like the 3 little " Woohoo" characters..

Eddie

rc13
12-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the compliments...

rc13
12-30-2014, 10:12 PM
you sir have brought RC another step closer to perfect realism. Well done!
I would love one of them for my excavator. Head turns when swinging, right arm boom up left arm stick......oh yeah:D

As a finishing touch you should plan a trip to visit Brian from exclusive rc , get your picture taken and make your head for the operator.:)

Thanks for sharing! So cool :cool:

Thanks. The realism is pretty cool. I have freaked out a few people that have seen it in person.

So Brian can do that with a pic? Put it on a head of a figure like that?

Supermario
12-31-2014, 01:47 AM
Thanks. The realism is pretty cool. I have freaked out a few people that have seen it in person.

So Brian can do that with a pic? Put it on a head of a figure like that?

Yup! The photo has to be taken with some kind of high quality camera but yes, he can 3D print a copy of your face onto a bruder person. :)

rc13
12-31-2014, 05:57 PM
Yup! The photo has to be taken with some kind of high quality camera but yes, he can 3D print a copy of your face onto a bruder person. :)

Man, that would be funny. My kids would laugh... I guess I could easily just switch out the Bruder heads.... Maybe I should put some famous persons face on there. LOL...

Lil Giants
01-10-2015, 06:24 AM
That makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!!! :eek: :D

So how did you do it? Micro servos & two radio mixes with for/rev ch & turning?

rc13
01-10-2015, 11:35 AM
That makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!!! :eek: :D

So how did you do it? Micro servos & two radio mixes with for/rev ch & turning?

Yep... Micros controlling a simple lever on a fulcrum for each hand. Then the mixes on my dx10. I love the Spektrum as you do. So I have been getting better and better and better with my mixing. But the mixing for this took a while to get right.
I mentioned "simple" in the first sentence. The concept is very simple for the mechanical aspect. But modifying the interior and the Bruder figure so it had the realistic movements was a huge challenge. Took forever. One of those "Oh I will knock this out, it won't take me that long to do this" kind of things, but it wasn't. Totally worth it,,,, I love it!
Thanks.