RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Companies & Worksites (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Logging & Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=79)

TheMachinist 12-29-2010 01:15 AM

Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseejr (Post 13475)
I have to go and watch you guys play.

Albert

count me in:cool:

Espeefan 01-01-2011 01:03 AM

Lou, that juicer turned out awesome! Great looking cab modifications, with that hinge. You really turned that excavator into something unique and different. Great work!

elliot330 01-05-2011 05:19 AM

Hi Lou,

You've got some excellent equipment there, plus your setup in the garden is ace...

Keep the YT vids coming.

Elliot

elliot330 01-05-2011 07:50 AM

Hi Lou,

Some questions for you.

How long you had the Damitz? Would you say its been reliable?

Ref your 6 wheeler dumper, how high is it from ground to top side of the loading bed?

I know of a 2nd hand Damitz for sale and trying to work out if it would be suitable to load into a dumper that is 30cm tall.

Thanks
Elliot

tracksntreadslou 01-06-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMachinist (Post 14480)
count me in:cool:

Looking forward to seeing you there jordy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espeefan (Post 14747)
Lou, that juicer turned out awesome! Great looking cab modifications, with that hinge. You really turned that excavator into something unique and different. Great work!

Thanks Nathan...im fairly happy with the way it turned out...Im going to get much more use out of it this way

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot330 (Post 15162)
Hi Lou,

You've got some excellent equipment there, plus your setup in the garden is ace...

Keep the YT vids coming.

Elliot

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot330 (Post 15167)
Hi Lou,

Some questions for you.

How long you had the Damitz? Would you say its been reliable?

Ref your 6 wheeler dumper, how high is it from ground to top side of the loading bed?

I know of a 2nd hand Damitz for sale and trying to work out if it would be suitable to load into a dumper that is 30cm tall.

Thanks
Elliot

Thanks Eliot..I have had my machine for over 2 years now and its very reliable..Im fairly happy with it ..Great run times and fairly strong,,,The only problems I have with it are the travel speeds...very slow...It aso does starve the the hydros (boom and Stick )when swinging ..hardy noticable when ATV is ajusted properly .
My dumper is 10 1/2 high and the damitz just clears up close..Your looking at about 11 3/4 so you may have to elevate yours a bit to load comfortably

Stuff 01-07-2011 12:19 AM

I though i heard once you guys were coming out to Sask. did i miss out on that?

elliot330 01-07-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou (Post 15323)

Thanks Eliot..I have had my machine for over 2 years now and its very reliable..Im fairly happy with it ..Great run times and fairly strong,,,The only problems I have with it are the travel speeds...very slow...It aso does starve the the hydros (boom and Stick )when swinging ..hardy noticable when ATV is ajusted properly .
My dumper is 10 1/2 high and the damitz just clears up close..Your looking at about 11 3/4 so you may have to elevate yours a bit to load comfortably

Excellent, thanks for the info, much appreciated. Will post a thread if I go ahead a get it.

Elliot

tracksntreadslou 01-28-2011 12:50 AM

Well New HD camera for Xmas...finaly got a little time to test it ..Really fuzzy first video and may have to experiment or trade it in ..
Heres a vid tell me what you think..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O76jetwoAgQ

aseejr 01-28-2011 01:32 AM

Good one Lou!!! Sure impressed with your equipment.

rc_farmer 01-28-2011 01:56 AM

Lou, that is a nice piece machine you got there!

Iron Art 01-28-2011 01:05 PM

Lou, How many MP is your new camera? The grapple you built is about as real as they come, it handles those logs as if it were on the landing loading for real, a touch more counter weight might let you overload the JD. Fred

Oil Field Construction 01-28-2011 05:55 PM

Video looks real good Lou! Keep them coming. Keep your guys working break up is just around the corner;)

Snochaser 01-28-2011 08:23 PM

Nice job Lou.

tracksntreadslou 01-29-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Art (Post 17488)
Lou, How many MP is your new camera? The grapple you built is about as real as they come, it handles those logs as if it were on the landing loading for real, a touch more counter weight might let you overload the JD. Fred

Thanks everyone ...Fred not quite sure the pixels ..10 i think ..its suposed to take pretty good still photos...I really need to practice on the log loader ...I was pretty rusty today at the train show ..Was having some radio issue as well ...Got a few pic but no vids ...Greg s hitachi worked flawlessly and he was loading railcars pretty fast with not too much coal spilt ...couple pics
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...lou/002-37.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...lou/003-37.jpg

RCLogger 02-09-2011 01:24 PM

Hey Lou, Whats on the building board now ! ! Cat 777 MAYBE

greg

td9clyde 02-09-2011 02:44 PM

I have to ask too cuz we know how you are Lou you been tooooooo quiet your up to building something lol

WheelsofSteel 02-14-2011 12:09 AM

All I really got to say is THATS AN AWESOME FLEET! I have a question how do you make these all from the mind or blueprints I'm hoping to build a juicer or something like that with multiple heads and I got bout 500 bucks for I'm not that old so I ain't got much to spend.

tracksntreadslou 02-19-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by td9clyde (Post 18788)
I have to ask too cuz we know how you are Lou you been tooooooo quiet your up to building something lol

Hey Henri I havent had a lot of motivation for doing much in the shop lately but do plan on finishing some of my projects..Lots of ideas ..just have to get them out on my workbench..

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheelsofSteel (Post 19241)
All I really got to say is THATS AN AWESOME FLEET! I have a question how do you make these all from the mind or blueprints I'm hoping to build a juicer or something like that with multiple heads and I got bout 500 bucks for I'm not that old so I ain't got much to spend.

@ wheelsofsteel thanks very much..Guess you could say both ..the blue prints i use arnt very detailed so lots of photos help ..there are quite a few sleepless nights working out problems and how am i gona do this and that?
500 is a good start and you should be able to buy most of of you electronics and building material...the best thing i can sujest right now is to read as many threads on hear as you can to get some ideas..There are some very talented builders..

RCTech9 03-06-2011 01:38 AM

It would be cool to see a update to that grader you started back on page 4.

tracksntreadslou 03-06-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCTech9 (Post 21136)
It would be cool to see a update to that grader you started back on page 4.

Not alot of progress on the grader these days ..Gona get back in the shop today and start the build again..after seeing those other 2 builds mine seems pretty basic ...cheers Lou