RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   777 HAUL TRUCK (1/12 size) (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=8054)

Lil Giants 02-07-2014 02:26 AM

Re: 777 HAUL TRUCK (1/12 size)

Well almost done, eh? Weld up the box, give it a coat of paint & you're off to the races! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DADSGARAGE (Post 103733)
An "OMAX" 55100 waterjet table retails for about 200K US$

:eek: :jaw: Lucky you! my combine costs nearly triple that, but I don't get to use it for my hobby too. :( :p

dirtpusher9 02-07-2014 05:52 PM

Well that should carry a LOAD. Great work.

pigeonfarmboy 02-07-2014 07:39 PM

This thing is so awesome! Love how slow the steering operates! The bucket needs bump stops it's so fast haha.

DADSGARAGE 02-08-2014 01:38 AM

Thanks for the comments guys.....it's always fun to actually see a project come to life for the first time while doing some testing, a person finally gets to see if all the time and effort was worth it, even if somethings may not go/work as planned...so far the truck seems to be working fairly well, but I have already found a few small things that will need to be changed.....

I welded the panels in the box today, still need to grind/sand all the plug welds off and finish a bit more welding but for now it's good enough for some testing....really want to see how this thing will carry a load...

Here is the LOAD TEST VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4nfF...re=c4-overview

Steering still seems alright (look for the front tire marks on the floor:lol:) but the actuator is really working hard to lift the "110lbs load" of sand....but it did manage to lift it:cool:

Hofabooz 02-08-2014 04:16 AM

Hi

Looking great and what a great load capacity.
What would it's load capability be if scaled up to life size, just curious ?
great work cannot wait to see it in paint finished and then used in anger.

Thanks for posting.

Regards
Mark

titandigs 02-08-2014 05:29 AM

Hey Kordell,
Great to see it running, you must be very happy.
What size is the Honda? in the back ground?

crawler07 02-08-2014 08:45 AM

I was so worried you would run into your atv and damage something (on the atv) LOL
Amazing work! What was the weight on your first load their?

9W Monighan 02-08-2014 11:36 AM

That truck would fit right with our RC strip mining operations. Too bad you live so far away.

DADSGARAGE 02-08-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hofabooz (Post 103873)
Hi

Looking great and what a great load capacity.
What would it's load capability be if scaled up to life size, just curious ?
great work cannot wait to see it in paint finished and then used in anger.

Thanks for posting.

Regards
Mark

Thanks.....a 777 truck is rated for 100 tons, so if I did the math right the scale load would be around 127 lbs.....(220,000lbs / 12 /12 /12 = 127.3lbs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by titandigs (Post 103882)
Hey Kordell,
Great to see it running, you must be very happy.
What size is the Honda? in the back ground?

Yes very happy to see it working even if it isn't finished:D
It is a Honda ES350

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawler07 (Post 103886)
I was so worried you would run into your atv and damage something (on the atv) LOL
Amazing work! What was the weight on your first load their?

LOL....I though I was going to hit it too...LOL...glad I didn't hit it or the garage door....would have wiped out the side deck and railing...might have ripped a tire off the ATV :lol:

The load on the truck was about 110 lbs.....

Fired up 02-08-2014 08:18 PM

wow looks and works great

FlyingBeagle 02-10-2014 02:50 PM

Wow, Just awesome. That truck truly is a beast.

How did the suspension handle the load. Was it bottomed out, or is there still some travel remaining. What about the drive motor, Do you think it will be able to handle much of a grade. I am sure Joe would love to know if it could make it up his basement ramps to the window outside.:D:D:D

Markus K. 02-10-2014 03:58 PM

That's an awesome and really beautyful work! Thumbs up!

Markus

Espeefan 02-11-2014 07:34 PM

Wow! The Cat 777 is looking better than ever! I can't believe how nice all of the seams look, after you've welded them up. Must have taken a lot of time to get the seams so smooth and perfect. Lots of sanding by hand?

DADSGARAGE 02-17-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fired up (Post 103947)
wow looks and works great

Thanks!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingBeagle (Post 104130)
Wow, Just awesome. That truck truly is a beast.

How did the suspension handle the load. Was it bottomed out, or is there still some travel remaining. What about the drive motor, Do you think it will be able to handle much of a grade. I am sure Joe would love to know if it could make it up his basement ramps to the window outside.:D:D:D

Thanks.....surprisingly there was still some more suspension travel but not much...about 1/4" in front and about 3/8" in the rear...I would say that a load of 110 lbs would be the max for the suspension....can the motor pull that much load up an incline??? Not sure...sounds like a reason to make another video and see what it can do or find out what it can't do!!:D
I think Joe's ramps are a bit too narrow for this truck...and he would need a bigger "window" to drive out...LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus K. (Post 104131)
That's an awesome and really beautyful work! Thumbs up!

Markus

Thnaks glad you like it....keep up the great work on your build!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espeefan (Post 104222)
Wow! The Cat 777 is looking better than ever! I can't believe how nice all of the seams look, after you've welded them up. Must have taken a lot of time to get the seams so smooth and perfect. Lots of sanding by hand?

Thanks...it is looking more like the real deal all the time...welding all the seams without warping everything takes some time but sanding all the welds takes even more time, used "Walter" spin on sanding discs to blend all the joints and a table top belt sander from Canadian Tire to help get it all straight.....no hand sanding yet...that will be after using body filler...fun fun...not!!;)
http://www.walter.com/Walter/en-ca/a...o-flex-spin-on

RCKiwi 02-18-2014 06:14 PM

Everything about this dumper is the business! Way tough enough with bags of detail to boot! I've enjoyed watching this beasty evolve.
Congrat's!
Glenn

od jhon deer 02-21-2014 08:06 PM

u said u was having trouble with tires holding up the weight if they r air filled put more air in them if u thank the tubes wont hole and start leaking braze the middle of the 2 rim halfs together r u can try that spray foam in a can u get at hardware stores for sealing cracks in the house spray it in let it set up trim off excess put rims back together that stuff sets up pretty hard at least ways that is just a suggestion if u don't want to use air but those tires with air should hold just fine with more in them I have some like them and I have a 3 hundred lb toll chest on there no problem just a thought

DADSGARAGE 02-23-2014 04:16 PM

Made a short video...

LOADED INCLINE TEST VIDEO (6 degree incline)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXzfv...cnElm7fYjN3bEA

Lil Giants 02-23-2014 07:18 PM

So have you got a protractor handy? Would it be 5°?

Doesn't seem to struggle at all, eh?

Trucker_Jo 02-23-2014 08:24 PM

Looks like that has plenty of power for those open pit mines your going to be digging once you get that shovel built :rolleyes: I'm suprised that those boards didn't break under the weight of that machine :lol:

DADSGARAGE 02-23-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Giants (Post 105011)
So have you got a protractor handy? Would it be 5°?

Doesn't seem to struggle at all, eh?

I placed a "magnetic angle finder" on one of the 2x4 and read about 6°, that little motor gear box puts out a huge amount of power....and it will hold the truck from moving on the incline....time will tell how long it will last before it tears itself apart???:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo (Post 105023)
Looks like that has plenty of power for those open pit mines your going to be digging once you get that shovel built :rolleyes: I'm suprised that those boards didn't break under the weight of that machine :lol:

It does have plenty of power considering how small the "Banebots" motor/gear box is....but again time will tell how long it will stay together, I could see the last set of planetary gears getting damaged using it to this extreme....surprisingly the 2x4 boards actually didn't even bend much with that much weight on them, I put my weight on them first just to be sure they would be OK...I was hopeing to see them bend more on the video...LOL...the total weight of the truck and load is about 215lbs, now that I finished lining the box the finished truck weighs a back breaking 105lbs :o OUCH !!! (Someone should have used Alm. instead of steel...LOL...yikes its a tank not a truck!!:lol:)