RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Snochaser's Construction Co. Builds (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=447)

Claus 05-06-2013 10:59 PM

Re: Snochaser's Construction Co. Builds

Looks as nice on the inside as it does on the out.

max52 05-07-2013 01:22 AM

compliment nice job

Espeefan 05-07-2013 03:20 AM

Wow, that's a one of a kind machine! Such a well thought out platform too. Everything fits perfect, like it's meant to be. No doubt you had it all in your head as you started building it! Very clean work.

SmallHaul 05-07-2013 09:08 AM

Very nice work Ben! It looks and runs great.

The gearing seems spot on.

Nice work on the wheels Steve the look great too.

pigeonfarmboy 05-07-2013 12:12 PM

Looking killer Ben!

Finster 05-07-2013 12:34 PM

Really awesome build so far! Looking forward to its completion and seeing some videos. I imagine this is an 'outside only' use machine with those wheels (well at least here on hardwood floors and the SO around). :D Quick questions:

What thickness of brass did you use for the frame parts?

Did you soft solder or silver solder it?
(I saw someone ask earlier but couldnt find the answer)

Are the wheels made up as rings with spacers? Are they bolted together or
welded or glued?

Thanks

ihbuilder 05-07-2013 05:20 PM

"Are the wheels made up as rings with spacers? Are they bolted together or
welded or glued?"

generally , 5 pieces bolted together . but a lot more went into it then just that . it would've been too time consuming to weld every foot on each wheel :jaw:

Snochaser 05-07-2013 06:29 PM

16g brass. Silver solder.

egronvold 05-21-2013 01:42 PM

Nice job! The speed on the video was very scale.

ngward79 06-26-2013 01:26 PM

Great job ! Any update pics or video ? And anybody have a link to this current video of it that I can't seem to find ?

Snochaser 06-26-2013 07:54 PM

Nothing to update, been extremely busy. Click on the picture in post # 248 for a video.

Ben

rc_farmer 06-27-2013 03:25 PM

W:eek:W Ben......that is truly awsome my friend. I can't wait to see this in person.

tc1cat 06-28-2013 11:38 AM

For some dumb reason, I have missed this thread :eek:. Ben you have out done yourself this time :D The video looks great as does the entire model. My only very small complaint is: why didn't you use brass for the entire body?? You were so close!! No, all kidding aside, between you and Steve- the wheels- this is one outstanding vehicle. Can't wait to see it completed! Indy, maybe????

ihbuilder 06-28-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc1cat (Post 90092)
For some dumb reason, I have missed this thread :eek:. Ben you have out done yourself this time :D The video looks great as does the entire model. My only very small complaint is: why didn't you use brass for the entire body?? You were so close!! No, all kidding aside, between you and Steve- the wheels- this is one outstanding vehicle. Can't wait to see it completed! Indy, maybe????

might be an older 1 there too :D

ngward79 06-28-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihbuilder (Post 90105)
might be an older 1 there too :D

Hey , no teasing ! Let's see it ! Lol...:jaw:

pigeonfarmboy 07-23-2013 05:41 PM

Tick tock! hahahaha (me too)

Snochaser 08-11-2013 08:49 PM

I'm trying to get the steering cylinders to cycle faster, do I increase pressure in the pump? I'm not sure what pressure I'm running currently. Ideas???...

Espeefan 08-11-2013 09:10 PM

Larger lines going to the cylinders, smaller diameter steering cylinders, or turning up the pressure on the pump would be the only ways I know to speed the steering up. That or run the pump faster. More voltage, though I don't know how much more you could run before you compromise the reliability or longevity of the pump. You could consider upgrading the pump motor to the brushless motor that Leimbach offers. I know that motor spins faster then the brushed motor.

doodlebug 08-11-2013 10:02 PM

More pump volume, pressure has to do with how much load is placed against the pump.
Cheer's, Neil.

Snochaser 08-11-2013 10:10 PM

Ok. I'm already using the largest line I have, 2.5 I believe. I've thought of the bigger lines, I guess higher moor speed would help in crease the volume I need.

Thanks guys, I will have to look into the brushless option Nate. Do you have a link?

Ben