RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cable excavators of the 1940's and 50's (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=2703)

rustybucket 01-21-2012 05:38 AM

Re: Cable excavators of the 1940's and 50's

Hi Jens, Sorry I mised you and thanks for your interest. With a bit of luck we'll have a chat at this years show when I hope to have a lot more progress.

modelman 01-21-2012 01:59 PM

Hi Geoff-any progress on the "Limaron Shovel"?

rustybucket 01-26-2012 03:10 PM

Hi Jens,
Thanks for you comments and your interest. Sorry I missed you at the show. Perhaps we will meet up this year when I hope to have a lot more progress. I did send a reply to you posting a while back but it seems to have got lost in cyber space so you probably didn't get it. Where are you from. If you are local give me a call when you're in the area.

Geoff

JensR 01-26-2012 03:19 PM

Thanks Geoff :)
You posted to the thread all right - I forgot to reply :(
I'm from Bath. I hope to have my grader painted this spring, but who knows...
Looking forward to your progress!

rustybucket 10-19-2012 03:04 PM

Why is this forum so hard to get back onto and upload fresh pictures. All I get is a notice saying I don't belong to any groups. How to I belong to a group. Most of them are trucking I am not. I have been absent because of slow progress on my project but now, like Arnie, I'M BACK' :cool: . But I cant upload. If this state of affairs carries on I'm gonna throw my rattle out of the pram.:mad:

JensR 10-19-2012 03:37 PM

Hi Geoff,
I wouldn't know how it works, I have my images stored on another website and just link them. Hope someone can help you!

Cheers
Jens

Lil Giants 10-20-2012 12:58 AM

I see you have 60 pics in your album now... as far as I know we don't offer unlimited storage here.. it's a convience to get you started, but at some point you'll either have to delete old photos in your album before adding new ones or use a photo host site to link photos to the forum.. like photobucket.com. It's free to use.

9W Monighan 10-20-2012 08:38 AM

Please hurry and get a photo sharing site started. I use Imageshack for mine. I'm anxious to see your latest progress.

Jared 10-20-2012 12:41 PM

Ditto what Steve said! I use Photobucket.

Dieselholic 10-24-2012 12:28 PM

Wow that looks amazing

jack van 12-18-2013 09:06 PM

This is going to be got to see this all the way to the end

bartles 12-19-2013 06:36 AM

Between Rustybucket, modelman, and 9W's work I am beginning to get cold feet about my little 3/4 yd dragline project! Just kidding, what wonderful craftsmanship guys! I agree, the cable machines from the US built a lot of miles of interstate, autoban, and countless other highways around the world. They required great skills to build and to operate them.....we sort of lost out to joysticks and hydraulics along the way!!

shedgnome1 04-29-2014 12:12 PM

Limaron Project

3 Attachment(s)
I was on the forum some while ago with pics of my hybrid 1/8 scale Lima/Marion cable shovel. For some reason the got deleted and I couldn't get back onto the forum. I'm here now in disguise as a shedgnome. Some progress made since last time which I hope to post now or very shortly

modelman 04-29-2014 12:33 PM

Re: Limaron Project

Nice to see you back at work j-er-I mean shedgnome1. Keep the pictures coming.

sparkycuda 04-30-2014 10:32 AM

I remember the original thread - very impressive work. Keep up with the work and pics!

Ken

shedgnome1 05-01-2014 02:26 PM

Thanks guys I'll try and put some more pics up shortly. Last time there used to be a way of creating an album but I don;t see it this time? I also have two other queries.

A request to be a friend which I have tried to respond to but I'm not up on social media and the instructions on the page are confusing ?

I have over the years accumalated a surplus of excavator manuals and other books etc. Now willing to part with two shelves full at reasonable prices to give me some space. Is there a facility onthe forum for such exchanges - Huh?

kerst 05-02-2014 06:36 AM

That looks really nice. Beautiful machining.
At which exhibition were these pictures taken?

kerst

Lil Giants 05-02-2014 09:05 PM

What was your prior username & name of project thread?

9W Monighan 05-03-2014 08:39 AM

Very nice as expected from you. I too was wondering why we have not seen any updates on your build.

shedgnome1 05-03-2014 05:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks once again for your kind commments. My former thread was cable excavators of the 1940s and 50s. Rusty bucket was the name but like I said all the pictures got wiped so there's nothing there anymore. Progress has been made since then although some of the jobs have taken a long time, like developnent of the sideframes which took over 12 months. The pictures were taken at the annual Bristol model engineering exhibition which once again will be in August. I hope to be there but now have a smaller car with less room and Limaron is getting very heavy and it may be difficult getting there since I don't belong to any clubs.

In the meantime I will put up some random pictures while I get on with a couple of components for the front drumshaft which also carries the propel gears and dog clutches for selecting crowd or propel drive. Watch this space.:cool: